Chapter 3

Chapter Three

*Picture of Madeline (Maddie) on the Side*

"What do you mean we're going to see the Alpha?" I asked.

Mom walked by the door, "Whisper, how come you didn't answer your phone? I've tried calling you about three times. I completely forgot about the meet and greet party with the alpha and his family. They would like to welcome us to the pack. I'm so glad that Mrs. Lawson called to remind us."

I pulled my phone out of my bag. It showed three missed calls. I pressed the up button on the side and noticed that my ringer was off, "Sorry, I totally forgot to turn the sound back on after that cheerleading thing."

"Never mind that, you still have about 45 minutes left to shower and get dressed. You also need to make sure you dress nice. We can't go over to the Alpha's house looking like we're homeless or anything."

I rolled my eyes while running up the stairs as quick as I could. I rushed into the bathroom and showered for about 10 minutes making sure to wash my hair with some cherry scented shampoo. I blow-dried my hair and plugged in my curling irons. While they were warming up, I decided to pick out my clothes. I need something that didn't have to be ironed because I wouldn't have time. I opened the door to my closet and walked in. What could I possibly wear? I walked over to the skirts section. I chose a striped black and white one. After finding the perfect skirt, I started to develop an outfit in my mind. I looked over towards my shirts. I found a lacy white tank top. It would go perfect with the red jacket that I got as a Christmas present from Jared. I picked out a pair of red flats and a matching red belt and headband.

Ten minutes later I had finished curling my hair. I took one last look in the mirror and smiled a bit, perfect. This outfit would surely make a good first impression. I grabbed my phone off the charger and grabbed ten dollars out of my wallet. I put both things in my jacket pocket and started advancing down the stairs. You could tell I was the last one getting ready because you noticed everyone else sitting down. When they heard my footsteps, everyone looked up. I noticed them smiling.

My grandma smiled, "You look pretty dear."

"Thanks Gram." I smiled.

Dad got the keys to the rental car and everyone loaded up. It took us about fifteen minutes to get there. Everyone got out of the car and walked towards the house. It was a two story mansion and was very beautiful. The yard was clipped, neat, and clean plus there were big acres of woods behind the house. It was like the perfect haven for wolves. We reached the door in a matter of seconds and my mom pressed the doorbell. Seconds later, a tall woman with brown curly hair opened the door. She smiled.

"Hello. You must be the Raynes. I'm Cindy Lawson, the Alpha's mother."

Mom introduced us, "We sure are. Thank you for having us. I'm Pam. This is my mom, Sue, my husband, Johnny, and my daughter, Whisper."

Mrs. Lawson looked over us all once with twinkling eyes. When she got to me, she smiled. "I hope you enjoy joining our pack, the Night Walkers. Good luck at school too. I know how it can feel to be the new girl."

I smiled, "Thanks, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need it."

She stepped to the side, "Where are my manners? Please, come in."

Everyone walked in and the inside was just as nice as the outside. The living room was wide and open. There was a black sleek fireplace and wooden floors. There was also a huge flat screen TV on the wall. If the living room was this nice looking, there's no telling what the other parts of the house would look like. I was still admiring the room when I heard a girl and a man talking. The voice sounded familiar so I looked over.