Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty One

I notified everyone about Derek coming over. We all sat in the living room because Dad felt like it would be safer for us. When you looked at his face you could tell that he was worried about his family. Every time he would glance at me I would just feel guilty inside. This was my entire fault.

 In about a span of two minutes Derek arrived at the front door. He knocked and walked right in the house without an invitation. He walked my way. He took one look at my red eyes and wrapped his arms around me.

“I’m so glad you came.” I whispered into his neck.

“I’ll always be here for you. Day or night. You’re my mate. Of course I’m going to come when you call.”

Derek turned to everyone else in the house. “I want you all to pack your bags. Take all of the clothes and the belongings that you think you’ll need. At the moment this house isn’t safe.”

“Where are we going?” I asked curiously.

“We have an extra house that isn’t being used near the pack house. The family that was there wanted to go traveling around the world so they moved out.”

“Are you sure sweetie?” My Mom stepped closer to him, “We don’t want to be a burden to you all.”

Derek shook his head. “My mate and her family will never be a burden to us. The pack all enjoyed your company tonight. They’ll be glad that they’ll be getting a chance to live see you on a daily basis. I wish it was under different circumstances, but sometimes you just can’t predict the future.”

That’s what he thought. He needed to talk to Mirai for a few minutes.

Dad chimed in. “Alright son. Just give us about 30 minutes.”

            There was a knock on the door and I tensed up. I noticed Mom and Grandma floating towards Dad. Derek looked at the door and rolled his eyes. “Michael, come on in.”

            Michael walked in the house looking sheepish. “Sorry, I was scouting the perimeter. Plus, I had to find another place to park the second Escalade.”

He looked at me and nodded. “I brought an extra vehicle because I figured that you guys would need more room for all of your suitcases. When I say bring everything I really mean bring everything. Now all of you go ahead and pack your things. Take your time. Whisper, I want to take a look at the message that you said was on your bathroom mirror. What were you doing when you saw it?”

I walked into my room and started explaining, “I was washing my face off. I didn’t even notice it when I first walked into the room. When I looked in the mirror like I normally do I didn’t see my reflection this time. I saw the message that he wrote.”

Michael looked grim. “This wouldn’t be so bad if he wasn’t able to mask his scent. We knew it had to be a werewolf that wasn’t around here because Derek doesn’t allow for wolves to mask their scent.”

I grabbed Derek’s hand and pulled him along in the bathroom. He read the message and just starting shaking. I placed my hand on his arm frowning. I was worried. “Derek are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” He ground out. He just stood there studying the message and all off a sudden he just walked out of the bathroom.

I called out after him. “Derek, where are you going?”

“I have to make a phone call. Just go ahead and start packing Whisper. I’m fine.” He repeated.

            He kept going and I sighed walking out of the bathroom. Making my way to my closet I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to face Michael. He was looking at me with pity.