Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

“Why are you in my room?” I screeched.

            He pushed himself up off of my wall and started making his way towards me. I kept stepping back. Each step I took, he mirrored.

“Why were you taking your clothes off?” He countered with a question of his own.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “I asked you a question first.”

“I know you did.” He took another step towards me.

            I tried taking another step back, but was stopped by the side of my bed. I mentally rolled my eyes. I would be shirtless, trapped against my bed, and stuck in a bedroom with my mate. I scoffed. Well, doesn’t this seem cliché? Derek took my moment of distraction to his advantage and completely trapped me to the side of the bed. There was no space between us. This made me feel angry and exasperated all at the same time. I poked his chest with my finger and stamped my foot out of frustration.

“You still haven’t told me why you are in my room.” I tapped my foot impatiently.

He smirked and bent down to my level so his eyes were level to mine. I probably would have backed away but having my legs stuck to the side of a bed made that physically impossible unless I wanted to have a few scratches running across my legs.

“I’m so glad that I have an entertaining mate like you.” He poked my nose. “You make things so fiery and interesting. I love that.”

I jabbed my finger at his chest again. My wolf and I secretly appreciated the fact that his chest was firm. You could tell that he worked out. I bet if he lifted up his shirt, I’d most definitely see a six pack set of abs. I wonder how it would feel to run my hands over them. I shivered at the thought. I was about to do what I had been thinking when he growled lowly at me. I looked up from his chest to meet his eyes. They were slightly turned darker. He pushed me down on the bed and pinned me to it. I let out a surprised squeal. I was not expecting that.

“Just stop thinking or I won’t be liable for my actions.”

I whimpered, “Do you know how hard it is to know that you have all that muscle under that shirt and I can’t touch it?”

“Whisper, you are my mate. Anything that I have is yours.” He laughed.

“True.” I stated, “So you wouldn’t mind if I did this.” I ran my hand over his chest slowly, being sure to memorize every single feeling.

            He shivered and leaned in closer to my face. His lips hovered over mine daring me to make the first move. So I did. I pushed myself up ever so slightly and pressed my lips against his. He seemed stunned at first because he just laid there. Usually, he would be the first one to initiate the kiss. After getting over his initial shock, he eventually started to kiss me back. His lips were so soft. His grip that held my arms to my side loosened. I took this as my opportunity to wiggle around a bit to stretch myself. He growled and I froze in place.

“Do not wiggle around like that.”

            My eyes widened as I realized what he was talking about. I’m pretty sure I had a slight blush to my cheeks. He started kissing on my neck. I was so caught up in the moment that I didn’t notice the glint in his eye. He continued to trail kisses on my neck and all of a sudden he stopped. My wolf let out a whimper at the loss of his body heat. She wanted to keep kissing him and honestly, so did I. I groaned in frustration.

“Why did you stop?” I asked impatiently.

            He gave me one last kiss on the lips and sat up on the bed, passing me my shirt in the process. I gave him a curious look. He looked like he had a question that he was begging to ask. I wonder what could possibly be so important that he stopped our little make out session. He took a deep breath before he turned to look at me.