Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

Derek looked at me in surprise. "A carnival?"

            I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow. There was nothing wrong with carnivals. I remembered being younger and how my dad would take me to the ones at my old high school every single time they would have one. One year the school carnival had gotten canceled because there wasn't enough money in the budget. Whenever I found this out I'd been so sad. My dad felt that he needed to keep his promise that he'd take me to the carnival so he drove me to a carnival that was about two hours away from home. I'd never forget that day. He'd even won me a stuffed penguin that I still had.

"Yes, a carnival."

"I never suspected you as the carnival type."

"The carnival type?" I questioned.

He sighed and rolled over beside me. "Usually, as soon as girls hear that I'm the Alpha they just automatically assume that they're going to get extravagant things from me."

"Let me ask you a question."

"Shoot."

"How many girls have you dated?"

He got off the bed and stood up. Now all of a sudden he had to stretch. "Let's just save that for another time."

I chuckled. I knew when someone didn't want to answer a question. It might have been a bunch of girls if he was avoiding the question. Maybe it was good for me not to know how many girls he'd taken out before he met me.

"What are you laughing about?" He asked. He seemed genuinely surprised that I was just letting him off the hook so quickly and without asking that many questions.

"Oh nothing. " I said. "So, about the carnival?"

            He lifted my arms from my side and pulled me against him. His face was a couple of inches from mine. My heart fluttered involuntarily.

"If my mate wants to go to the carnival, then I'll take her to the carnival." He grinned cockily.

I smiled victoriously, "Mhm, that's what I thought."

His eyebrows rose after that. "Oh, so that's what you thought hm? You think you can just control me like that?" He smiled evilly.

I knew he was about to do something so I tried to run away. He let out a playful growl and started tickling me. I started squealing trying to get away.

"Stop, stop" I begged, barely able to get the simple word out.

"Make me." He chuckled.

I let out a little growl that didn't last for long because it got drowned out by a giggle. Clearly, he was enjoying having this kind of control over me. Why did he have to be a freaking Alpha?! I was so small that I couldn't move underneath his gigantic form. I needed a way to get out of his hold. Suddenly, his cellphone rang. I let out a sigh of relief. Finally!  I was saved by the bell. I would have to make it a point to track the person down that called him and thank them for saving me. He had stopped tickling me, ending the torture, but a giggle or two would slip out every few minutes.

            He picked up his phone and looked grim. I wonder who was calling him. Whoever it was had caused him to change moods quickly, so it must have been someone that he least expected. He turned to me and signaled that he was going to step outside in the hallway so he could talk. I nodded my head to show that I understood what he meant. He stepped outside and I was left alone in my room to think to myself. He stayed gone for about fifteen minutes. Finally when he came back, I noticed that he had a frown on his face. I walked next to him and placed my hand on his shoulder.