Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty Four

            I awoke to complete darkness. Nothing was around me as I felt myself moving along a bumpy road. I was thirsty, my mouth parched. There was no use in screaming because my throat was way too dry. I tried getting in touch with my wolf. No answer. I tried using the mind link to call out to Derek. I had to let him know that I was in trouble. No answer. My hope slowly faded. Why couldn’t I get in touch with anything?

             I tried moving my legs around but it was no use in the cramped space. They were bound I finally made the assumption that I was in a car trunk.  At least my hands were loose. I tried to make myself comfortable, but every single time I would get in a good position the car would hit another bump and I would go sliding again. I couldn’t believe that I had just been kidnapped.

            Maybe this was one of Cecilia’s little tricks to get me to stay away from Derek. I wanted this to be true, but I knew deep down that this wasn’t a trick, this was real. I knew I couldn’t lay and sulk around all night; I had to find a way to get out of this trunk.

            I tried to swing my legs around to one of the sides of the car. I was going to try to knock out one of the back lights. It was kind of difficult with my legs being bound together so tightly. I kicked and kicked, still no movement. I kicked as hard as I could one last time and finally the back of the light started to loosen up.

             I used my hand to move the light towards me to peer out of the little hole I had just created. I was traveling down a loose gravel road. No one was around. No cars, nothing.

             I sighed to myself. I couldn’t do anything. This was really happening. What would Jared do to me? Would he be angry at me for finding my mate? Would he hit me? I growled in frustration. No man had the right to hit a woman.

            I closed my eyes and thought about what I could have done different. There really wasn’t anything I had done wrong except for trust Cecilia not to have another motive for sending me outside. I was so stupid. Football schedules. I scoffed.

            I was just laying down looking at the top of the ceiling when I felt a vibration in my sock. My phone! I had forgotten that I had tucked it into my sock before leaving the gym. I was going to use it as a light to guide me to Cecilia’s car. I was so grateful that I didn’t lose it with all of that commotion and struggling to get free from my captor. I felt the car slowing down. I quickly reached my hand into my sock and pulled out the phone. I opened up my contacts list and sent a message to Derek, Maddie, and Michael. I didn’t have time to read the message that had already been sent to me.

            Luckily, I had created a group that allowed me to just send one message instead of having to retype the same thing over and over again. The car suddenly slowed and my heartbeat picked up. I wouldn’t have time to type and send a message if I wasted anymore time. I quickly set my fingers to work. When I was finished typing the message I prayed that I had service and threw the phone out of the hole where the light was.

            I figured that if my captors were to search me then they would find the phone. Plus if Derek found my phone, he would know for sure that he was going in the right direction. I felt a small sense of relief knowing that it was a possibility that he would find me before something terrible happened.

            He did say that he would protect me no matter what and I believed him. I just hoped he found me in time. Pretty soon I felt the car stop bumping up and down. I looked out of the small window of light. Pavement. We were pulling up in a drive way. Was I at someone’s house?