Chapter 17 (Part Two)

*This is dedicated to @Emmalou11 for being the first person to comment on Chapter 17 (Part One) and reassuring me that the chapters were coming through. Thanks ^-^*

Derek’s POV

I watched my lovely mate walk through the double doors that led to the backyard where the BBQ was beginning to be in full swing. She looked so cute with Tia holding onto her pinky finger leading her to talk to her friends. I could tell that Tia was fascinated with Whisper because she kept her eyes on her the entire time. It actually surprised me that Tia went up to her and asked Whisper who she was. I smiled to myself. Usually she was always the quiet one, the observer. I followed the new named Puff and Cloud outside. I saw Tia grabbing Whisper’s hand and pulling her down to her level once again and also pointing at a familiar little tyrant boy who caused ruckus every once in a while.

 It looked like she was telling her another secret. Apparently I was right because I saw Whisper giggle and stick out her pinky finger again. Tia took it within her smaller pinky and grabbed it and shook it. I remember one time whenever Tia was telling me one of her little secrets and she asked me to pinky promise. I had asked her why she had shook my pinky and she said it was to make sure I knew deep down that I wouldn’t tell anyone about her secret. She was such a cute little girl.

Watching Whisper made me think of my own future pups one day. Our future pups. Would they look like her? Would their smile be as bright as hers? I huffed. I hope she had a boy first because if she had a girl I’d feel like I’d be in overprotective Dad mode 24/7 at least until she found her mate. If the boy was first, then he’d be able to help me out with keeping as many boys as possible away from my little girl.

I’d still be questioning her mate though. He wouldn’t get off that easy. I couldn’t let my baby girl just mate with anyone. I know I’d spoil her. Most likely she’d have me wrapped around her finger just like her beautiful mother. If it was a little boy, we’d do everything together. We’d play football and maybe even do a little basketball. I’d be with him whenever he made his first hunt.

 I mean he’d be the future leader of this pack. I would have to make sure his mate was a perfect match for him also. Well, I’m pretty sure that Whisper would be the one to do that. Crying, brought me out of my day dream. Everyone turned to look to see where the noise was coming from. I saw the little trouble maker of the pack, Gage. I mentally rolled my eyes. No matter what he wouldn’t listen to anybody not even me and I’m the freaking Alpha! I listened to see what the problem was. Gage had apparently called Tia’s tutu one of the ugliest things he’d ever seen in his life. I listened in on the conversation. Whisper turned to Gage. “What’s your name little guy?”

Gage rolled his eyes and crossed his arms defiantly, “I’m not little lady. The question is who are you?”

I noticed Whisper’s body language change. It was tenser. I guess she was expecting this cute little boy to answer back at her. Wrong. A mini devil really.

“My name is Whisper.” I heard her say.

Gage scoffed, “What kind of name is Whisper?”

“What kind of name is Gage?” She shot back at him.

“It’s my name.”

“Exactly. Now why did you call Tia’s tutu ugly?”

“I call it like I see it.”

“How would you feel if I called a pair of your new shoes ugly?” She countered.

He frowned, “I’d get upset.”

            Whisper turned to Tia who had stopped sniffling and was instead glaring daggers at Gage. “That’s how Tia feels right now.”

            Gage looked at Tia who stuck her tongue out at him. Gage scowled. “She’s mean to me! Look!”

“Aren’t you the one who started all this?” Whisper asked.

            Gage dropped his head and mumbled out an apology to Tia. Then he ran up to Whisper and hugged her leg. Everyone who was watching including Gage’s parents’ eyes widened in shock. Gage? The mini tyrant was hugging people? I was starting to believe that Tia had been right about Whisper’s so called magical powers. It was just something about her. Gage pulled back to look at her.

            “You’re a cool lady. I hope you stick around.” And then he just went back to playing with his friends like nothing had ever happened.

 My wolf shifted around. He was slightly agitated that our mate wasn’t paying any attention to us. Gosh, he was clingy. Still, I walked over to Whisper and Tia. I bent down to Tia’s height and beckoned to her. “Want me to tell you a secret?” I asked her.

She nodded her head and clapped eagerly, “Oh yes! I love secrets!”

I whispered, “Did you know when a boy says mean things to you it means he probably likes you?”

Tia jumped back with a look of horror. “Ew no!” She squealed while running back to her friends probably to tell them the newly discovered news. I rose up to stand beside Whisper once again. She turned towards me. “So, do you like everything so far?” I asked out of curiosity.

She pretended to think about it. “No.” My heart dropped. “I love it.” I wrapped my arms around her bringing her in closer. I just had to touch her. “Good because this will all be yours one day.” She smiled and held me tighter. When I held her like this I couldn’t help what I felt. I felt her placing soft feather kisses along my neck. My wolf was reeling at the sensation begging me to mark her now.

“Sweetheart, I would advise you to stop. I’m trying hard not to mark you right now.” I kissed the spot where I would one day officially make her mine.

“Derek, I think I’m ready.”

My heart jumped. “Are you saying-“

She cut me off. “Yes, I’m ready to be marked. I’m slowly falling for you. “I couldn’t stop the huge grin that popped onto my face. I kissed her to show her how happy was. I felt a tap on my shoulder and pulled back majorly annoyed with the person who was interrupting the quality time I was spending with my mate.

 I turned to see that it was Michael. “This had better be good bro.”

“It is. Come on let’s go to your office and talk.”

I quickly apologized to Whisper promising her that I’d be back as soon as possible and followed my Beta to my office. “What is it?” I asked impatiently whenever we had made it in.

He looked grim. “We found a lead to the unknown scent.”