Chapter 2

Chapter Two

* Picture of Cecilia on the side*

Whisper's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning feeling pretty agitated. My wolf had kept me up all night complaining that she needed a run. I wasn't really being fair to her though. She hadn't been let out in a pretty long time. I decided I would go for a run as a reward for her. Plus, we needed to stay in shape if we wanted to join this new school's dance team. I loved to dance. I had been doing it ever since I was a little girl. I had already won numerous talent shows and my old dance team had won almost every single competition that we'd performed in.

I wasn't going to shower yet. The only bad thing about the beach was the sand. There's no point in washing up and then running in miles of sand. I sat up in bed and leaned over to grab my purple slippers. I slid them on and I headed downstairs towards the kitchen. I know it's the first place my mom is going to be when she wakes up. She feels like it's her duty to cook us breakfast in the morning times. I scrounged up a piece of paper and eventually found a pen so I could write a note letting everyone know I was out for a run. After rereading the note, I crept out of the house quietly and padded down the driveway.

My wolf was feeling restless. She knew I was about to let her out. I decided to change behind this really wide tree. It was perfect for shifting. I looked around one last time before I shifted. I could feel my bones slowly forming into my wolf's form. After a while I felt the warm fur that covered my entire body. Once finished, I let out a happy howl. Finally, I was my unique silver wolf. I took off down the beach. It felt so good to finally run. I let my wolf take over completely. I was now in the background. She was having the time of her life. This was her secret place. She didn't have to share it with other pack members. She could just roll around in the sand and not give a care in the world.

About an hour later when we had finally tired ourselves, we looked around to see where we actually were. I glanced behind me and I saw that I was at least 3 miles away from my house. I turned my eyes straight ahead. There was a little strip of woods in front of us. I was just about to turn away when I heard a twig snap to my right. I instantly went on alert. This could be a rogue. At times like this I was thankful for my heightened senses. I looked through the woods and saw a brown wolf step out from behind a large dead tree. I extended my canines and growled. This is my territory. Who did they think they were?

I studied the wolf. I could tell that it was a male because it was larger than I was. It didn't seem vicious or anything. It just seemed curious. It lowered its head to show that it wasn't a threat. I stood my ground. I didn't want it here at all. Maybe it could be a person that I would eventually meet at school. I had no clue.

I'm guessing that the wolf finally got the point because it turned and walked away. I watched it until it disappeared behind the shrubbery. I sprinted back to the tree where I had hidden my clothes. I sniffed around before I shifted, I didn't need anyone to see me in my birthday suit. That would be totally humiliating to me. I wouldn't live it down. I walked back to the house following the smell of eggs and bacon.

My stomach growled. That run had really made me hungry. I stepped into the house and saw my mom finishing flipping the pancakes. My grandma had begun to set the table. And my dad was cleaning up the stove and the counter. I smiled no one was ever left out. We did everything as a family.

"How was your run, Whisper?" My grandma asked.

"It was pretty good. It felt wonderful to finally be outside again with the wind running through my fur." I decided not to tell them about the brown wolf. I didn't want them getting worried about nothing that wasn't really a major threat. At least I hoped it wasn't a major threat.