Chapter 11

~Hope you like this chapter! I'll be going on a trip this week and I have no clue when I'll be able to find the time to write another chapter BUT I wrote this on Tuesday last week and I've just been waiting to post it! Lol xD. Enjoy!~

Chapter Eleven

            The table just went silent. Death was always a hard word to hear. Even if it didn’t involve you or your family, it was just a word that gave you a chill. I felt my wolf shift inside of me. Could she have remembered Jacob’s wolf? I tried to think back to a time that I was close to someone named Jacob. My wolf let out a longing howl. I was becoming frustrated. My wolf had to remember something that I didn’t.

 Even though you can’t shift into a wolf until you’re older, that doesn’t mean that your wolf isn’t there. Your wolf is already starting to develop a conscience and create memories with friends with the wolves around it. That’s why a lot of children were close with each other. Their wolves knew who to trust and who not to trust. After hearing that the little Jacob boy died, I shivered. What if that had of happened to anyone of my old friends back in Ohio?

“He died?” I voiced.                                                                                         

            Mom closed the book and placed it on the table. “No one is exactly sure if he died. He certainly did disappear.”

“I feel like there is a story behind this.” Derek spoke up. He glanced over at me and placed his hand on my arm. I gave a small smile. Maybe his wolf sensed my discomfort with discussing death.

My Dad decided to speak then. “There is. His name was Jacob Wallace. He was a very smart and curious boy. Quiet, but smart. He use to come around Whisper some whenever I would take her to the park. Everywhere you saw children he was somewhere close just watching them or the people they were around. I believe he told his mom and dad that whenever he got older he wanted to be a scientist. This should explain why he would always watch people and his surroundings. He was just curious about things. Always asking questions.”

Derek nodded his head for Dad to continue. “Go on.” I pressed. I wanted to hear the rest of this story.

“A couple of months after Whisper’s birthday party his parents reported him missing. He hadn’t come home after school that day. His parents weren’t too worried at first because they figured he had just veered off track and gone to the park which was a couple of minutes away from home.

Usually when they drove by there, he was there. This time he wasn’t. His Dad drove around all day and there was no sign of him. His Mom, panicking, talked to Jared’s Dad and asked him to have the pack check everywhere that they could before it grew dark.”

            I felt Derek stiffen beside me at the mention of Jared’s name. I brought my arm to his shoulder. I patted it to give him reassurance. I knew that he still felt iffy about me and Jared’s relationship now.

            “The pack searched day and night and no trace of the little boy ever showed up until, a Monday night. An elderly couple was walking through the forest just enjoying a stroll when they noticed a pair of broken glasses along the path. They didn’t think anything about it, so they just kept on walking. A couple of steps later they started noticing strips of a shredded shirt laying around on the ground.

The couple continued walking until they came to a pool of dried up blood. The couple then turned around and reported the news back to the Alpha. The Alpha sent out a team to collect a sample of the blood and it turned out to be some of the little boy’s blood. After that everyone just automatically assumed that the little boy had gotten killed by a rogue or a pack of rogues.”