Chapter 22

*This is dedicated to @melsstories for being awesome and commenting on a few of the chapters. I read and commented on every single one of them like the nerd I am xD. Enjoy!*

Chapter Twenty Two

            I woke up the next morning and reached over to where Derek had been sleeping, it felt cold. I turned my head – he was gone. I laid flat on my back stared up at the ceiling. Last night couldn’t have gone any better. Yeah, the note shook me up, but my mate had been there for me. I looked out of the window and saw the sun rising up slowly.

            “Are you awake beautiful?” I jumped at his voice unexpectedly. I looked around the room. No one was in here with me. Maybe I was losing it. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the pillow again.

“Sweetheart, I know you’re awake.” Then I heard his laugh.

“Derek?” I thought. I was really crazy for trying this, but I was still excited. I could finally use the mind link. It worked both ways now. I grinned to myself. “Come on get up. I’m downstairs watching television. I woke up about an hour ago. I didn’t want to disturb you. You looked so cute sleeping.” He persuaded me interrupting me from my thoughts of pranking him with the mind link some way.

            At times like this, I was glad we were talking through the mind link so he wouldn’t see my blush.

“I’m coming.” I replied and started towards the door after making the bed up.

I couldn’t stand not making a bed up. It was a force of habit that Mom made sure she drilled into me. Just thinking about her made me wonder what she was doing and how everyone else was doing. To be honest I was surprised that she and Dad had let me stay with Derek for the night. I smiled to myself. Apparently they trusted me more than I thought they did.

“Whisper, are you going to come anytime soon?” Derek chided his voice invading my mind once again. I could tell he was getting impatient by the tone of his voice.

I rolled my eyes while walking to the bathroom and brushed my teeth even though I knew I’d have to brush them again after I ate breakfast and took my shower. At home I would usually wait but being around Derek made me want to always look nice and act decent around him.

I’m coming.”

“Good because I was about to carry you down here myself.”

I scoffed. Alphas. I made my way to the living room and saw him flipping through the channels on the television. Plopping beside him, I leaned over and snatched the remote from his hand. I turned the channel to the TLC Network. Make Room for Multiples was on. I clapped my hands in excitement. “I love this show! TLC is my favorite network ever!”

Derek just looked at me and pulled me onto his lap. “Well since it makes you so happy I guess I’ll let you watch it.”

I turned to face him. “Oh, you’ll let me watch it hmm?”

He grinned mischievously. “Yes ma’am. Now give me a good morning kiss.”

I slid off of his lap and looked down at him standing up. “Make me.” I taunted.

He growled playfully. “Whisper, don’t play with me right now. Now come and give me a one kiss please.” He begged.

I stuck my tongue out. “You can’t make me do anything.”

“Oh yeah?” He challenged.

“Yeah.” I crossed my eyes and looked at him in amusement.

            All of a sudden he jumped up. “I’m going to get you!” I squealed and started running around the living room. I ran to the back of the couch. He was in the front. “I always win Sweetheart. So you might as well just give up and surrender to my kisses.” He started stalking closer to me.