Chapter 19

*I have a song uploaded on the side that I think goes with the last part of this chapter e_e. I'll let you know when to play it! It might not go but who cares?! It's still a good song and I like it xD. Enjoy!* 

Chapter Nineteen

            I called out Mirai’s name over and over again. I looked everywhere for that little old lady but she was gone. She didn’t appear out of the blue like she did at first. Frustrated, I ran my hand through my hair. Her message legit scared me. It had to be Jared. All roads led directly to him. The phone call had been the icing on the cake.

Why else would he be talking about a message and taking a trip? More than likely something distracted him and he slipped up. What exactly was he planning? That was one thing that I didn’t comprehend.

I had told him as gently as I could that I had a mate. He had acted like everything was fine. Maybe that’s what he wanted me to think while he was plotting his revenge or something. I shivered from the thought. Was he seriously mad because of me finally finding my mate?

It wasn’t like I asked the Goddess to mate with someone in Cali. I guess she decided that Derek was the best match for me. In all honesty, I thought I was going to end up mate-less. It was only a couple of years before it would have been official.

And with all of these girls here in California I’m pretty sure that Derek would have had no problem mating one of them and having the girl as the Luna of the pack. Jared and I had basically planned out our entire lives. Once we had graduated from high school he had already told me that he was going to take me somewhere exotic. I still remember the conversation we’d had about our future.

He had taken me out on a date. We had watched some scary movie. He’d tricked me into seeing it because I hated scary movies with a passion. I still had nightmares. I know what you’re thinking. Why in the world would a wolf have nightmares they’re supposed to be big and strong they’re not supposed to have any kind of fears. Well I’m just going to say that there are a lot of wolves that are afraid of things.

The little wolves were a little more outgoing and ambitious because they just felt like they could take on the world. Basically, it was known as the older you got the more you understood the world. You finally realized that there was something else bigger than you out there.

Even though the movie was scary it was still nice to just be around his presence. The day that Jared and I had gone out was our weekly date. We always made sure to spend an entire day together on one day of the week. It was our chance to reconnect with each other on a deeper level.

This particular time he didn’t want to hang out at the burger joint that was a couple of miles away from the pack house. He wanted to surprise me. So as soon as school was out we hopped into his car.

“Where are we going?” I had asked him.

“You’ll see. It’s a surprise. I hope you’ll like it.” He had been grinning ear to ear.

I groaned, “Jared, come on! You know I don’t like surprises!!”

“But you’ll love this one Whisp! I promise.”

I had crossed my arms and pouted.

“Aww don’t be like that!” He begged.

I sighed in defeat, “Fine, but at least give me a hint.”

“It’s nothing bad.”

“How do I know that for sure?”

“I’ll never let anything bad happen to you.” He winked. “Look in the backseat.”