Chapter 29

**OMFG!! Guys, can you believe that I only have one more chapter until the book is finished!?! Its  exciting!! Hope you enjoy this chapter :D!!**

Chapter Twenty Nine

The guy who was on the verge of falling asleep hopped up. He was looking around frantically. He glanced at the door and then back at me again. I just sat and waited patiently on the stool, smirking the entire time. I knew exactly what was going on. If I was in this guy’s position, I’d be nervous too. The man pulled out a walkie-talkie that I didn’t even know he had.

“What’s going on guys?” He demanded with a shaky voice.

The reply came back instantly. “The Alpha is here!”

            The walkie-talkie was switched over to another station and the man began talking into it. “We have a problem! He’s here! He’s here and he has back up!”

“Hide Whisper!” I heard Jacob’s voice radio through. “Make sure she doesn’t go anywhere!”

            The man replaced the walkie-talkie back into his pocket. “Get up. It’s time to go.” He said grabbing my arm and dragging me off my perch on the stool.

“Don’t touch me!” I snapped.

 I wrenched my arm away from him and kicked him in the stomach. He doubled over in pain and I took that as my once in a lifetime chance to make my move. I took off down the hallway.

“Hey!” I could hear him hollering on the floor from the living room. “Get back here right now little girl!”

I scoffed. Yeah right, like I was going back down there with him. I kept running. About halfway, I heard some footsteps stampeding after me. I looked over my shoulder. Crap, he was right behind me. I was still running until I finally came to an opening. How many hallways were in this thing?

There were only two doors on each side. I chose the second door on the left. Shutting the door behind me, I prayed that there was a lock on the knob. Luck must have been on my side because there was indeed a lock. It may have been rusty, but it was still some form of protection. I turned the lock and ran over to a side of the room as far from the door as possible. Loud banging noises could be heard from the other side.

“Let me in!” The guy pounded on the door.

“Not a chance!”

“You little brat…let me in this room right now!”

“Okay.” I said.

The banging stopped almost immediately. “Really?” The guy asked dumbly.

“No!”

“Ugh!” He grunted jingling with the doorknob. “If you won’t let me in, then I’ll just break in.” The guy then proceeded to bang himself, mostly likely his shoulder, up against the wall.

I looked around the room while the guy was still trying to get the door to fall down. There was a window! I ran over to it and tried prying it up. The stupid thing didn’t budge at all. I growled out of frustration. My wolf was back, but she wasn’t strong enough to break the window. What else could I do?

The only other things in here were a bed and a closet. I scurried to the closet and opened the door. I rummaged through the pile of junk, finding a metal chair. Perfect. I listened to see if I could still hear the guy trying to break down the door. It was quiet. Too quiet.

Out of nowhere there was a loud bang. Some dust that was on top of the door started flying around causing me to sneeze. I glared at the guy even though he couldn’t see me. I saw a chip of wood on the floor. The door was slowly giving away and I was running out of time.