Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

I woke up the next morning feeling anxious. This would be my first date with Derek. Alone, with no one else around me. I got out of my bed and went to turn on the shower. As I was walking to the shower, I noticed another piece of paper attached to my mirror. I pulled it off the mirror and read it.

Have a good day at school. I’m so proud of you. I love you so much.

I folded the note and placed it back in my drawer. I finished showering and put on my favorite t-shirt and a pair of dark denim jeans. I smiled and shook my head. I would have to remember to ask Mom about these little notes that she had been leaving around lately. I went downstairs and saw the family eating breakfast. I wasn’t really in the mood for eggs and bacon so I grabbed a cereal bar from the pantry.

“Are you ready to go to the carnival with Derek?” Mom asked.

I nodded my head and took another bite of my cereal bar.

“What time is he picking you up?”

“Six.” I answered.

“I hope you have a lot of fun.” Dad commented.

“Me too.” Grandma chimed in.

My Mom hugged me. “I always want you watch your surroundings and be safe. If you feel uncomfortable just leave.”

I chuckled, “I will Mom.”

“Promise?”

“I promise?”

“Good. Now finish your cereal bar.”

 I was about to ask her about the paper notes she had been leaving behind lately when I glanced at the clock on the microwave. I had to leave now! I got my bag and said goodbye to everyone. I climbed into the car and was about to drive away when I remembered my cheerleading uniform. Crap. I ran back into the house with lightning speed, grabbed my gym bag, and sped off.

            I arrived at the school in record time. Seriously. I could have broken a world record with how fast I was driving. I got to my locker just as the bell rang. Could my day get any worse? Apparently, it could because as I was turning around a random guy bumped into me. He made me drop my book and my binder. There were papers everywhere. I looked up at him fully expecting him to apologize. Boy, did he surprise me.

“Watch where you’re going!” He snapped. My wolf retaliated.

“Listen, I am not in a good mood right now. I don’t need a silly, lowlife, attitude wearing idiot making it any worse. So I suggest you back OFF!” I growled. My eyes were probably pitch black. I was trembling, my wolf threatening to break out. Who did he think he was? Running into me and then snapping.

            The guy apologized quickly and scampered off. The nerve of some people. He didn’t even help me pick up my papers. I sighed and bent down to pick my things up off of the floor. I stalked off to my first period class in an even worse mood. Maybe the teacher wouldn’t be in class at the moment. I had heard people saying that he was usually fifteen minutes late. I walked to the door of the class and saw that the door was wide open. I peeked into the classroom and saw he had his back turned to the students while he was writing something on the board.

            I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Maybe he wouldn’t notice me slipping in. I hoped and prayed that he didn’t. I stepped into the class, glancing at the teacher. Still writing. Good. I took one more step into the classroom. Still writing. Good. I crept to my desk which was at the very back. Still writing. Good. I was just sitting down when he turned around, his eyes set straight upon me. Crap.

Whisper For Meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें