Chapter 5

Chapter Five

*Picture of Jared on the side*

I groaned and flopped back on my bed. I knew it wasn't going to be long before my mom found out. I grumbled, "You always notice everything."

"Honey, I'm your mother, of course I notice everything about you. Now, I know your mate wasn't back in Ohio because you'd be in a major depression right now. That leaves the party. You met him there, correct?"

"Yes, I met him at the welcome party."

"What's his name?"

I mumbled his name, feeling a smile form on my face from saying it. Would I always be like this? Happy from just saying his name?

Mom frowned, "What did you say? Speak up."

"It's Derek."

"What?" She exclaimed jumping up from the bed.

I pulled her arm to bring her back down to my bed. "Mom, be quiet! You're going to wake the entire house!"

"I can't believe you're going to be our future Luna one day!" She whisper yelled, "My own daughter. You're going to have your own house with him. OH MY GOODNESS! Grandchildren!"

That drew the line, "Mom! I'm not even out of high school yet. Calm down. Plus," I squirmed, "I don't think I'm ready to have a full time commitment like that. I don't even think he likes me."

I hung my head down. My mom cupped my chin, "Are you kidding? Anyone would be lucky to have you. You will make an amazing Luna and mother one day.

"Thanks mom, but Madeline has told me that he's been with other girls, a lot of girls actually."

"Now that he's found his mate, nobody else will make him feel the way he feels about you. I'll tell you what I did when I met your father."

I sat up on the bed Indian style. This was sure to be good. I always loved mom's stories.

"When we first met, it was amazing. I was nervous about a mate, like you. To make sure he was serious about me, I didn't let him mark me for a while. I wanted him to prove that he was serious about me and our relationship. And with you being here, you see he was serious."

I grimaced, "Okay mom, I don't need to know all that. I get what you mean though. Basically, what you're saying is make them chase after you?"

She gave a sly grin, "That's my girl."

I sighed and laid back on my bed, "This should be a piece of cake."

"Not exactly, "She warned, "Your father wasn't an Alpha, Beta, or an Omega. Your mate is the leader of the pack. He's going to be a little more persistent."

"Oh gosh, well I need to prepare myself. With the way I kind of brushed him off, he's going to use every trick up his sleeve."

She stood up and kissed my forehead, "Have fun with it. And when you're ready to be marked you'll know it. Once you're marked your wolf will rejoice and won't bother you. You'll be cheering."

I groaned. Crap. I forgot I have cheerleading practice. I'll ask Maddie for a ride. "Get some sleep hun. Something tells me you're going to be very busy tomorrow."

As soon as my mom left, I snuggled under my covers. I stared up at the ceiling and thought about tonight's events. Buzz, Buzz. I looked around my room thinking it might have been a bug, until I saw my phone lit up on my dresser. Who could be texting me? Maybe it was Maddie. If it was, I could just go ahead and ask her about a ride to practice. Buzz, Buzz. Another message. I picked up my phone and opened the first message.