Chapter 4

Chapter Four

*Picture of Derek on the side*

Slowly, I walked back inside the house. My parents were still talking to Derek's parents whenever I walked back into the living room. They looked up from their conversation and smiled at me.

My mom glanced at the clock that was hanging on the wall, "Oh, look at the time!" She exclaimed, "It's getting pretty late. We better get going. We don't want to wear out our welcome."

Mrs. Lawson stood up and waved her hand, "Nonsense. We enjoyed your company. We'll all have to meet up and plan another dinner date."

"I agree."

That voice. I looked over towards the kitchen and saw Derek. He continued speaking. "It was a pleasure to meet you all."

I glanced over at him and noticed that he was looking straight at me. He smirked and my heart lurched. I had to get out of here. I looked around and noticed that my Grandma was nowhere in sight. I voiced my thoughts, "Where is Grandma?"

Mr. Lawson chuckled, "Some of the elder women have whisked her away. Most likely they are in the pack's craft room."

"Craft room?"

Mrs. Lawson spoke up, "Yes, craft room. It's the room where some of the elderly ladies sew and knit. Sometimes the younger cubs and teenage wolves go for lessons. It keeps the little ones out of trouble."

I smiled, "That room sounds amazing."

As soon as I said this my grandma appeared.

"Is it time to go already?" She smiled. I nodded and she grabbed her purse. "Well let's go. I don't want to be the one holding everyone else up."

We thanked everyone again by hugging them. The men, of course used handshakes with one another. I didn't want to hug Derek, knowing how my wolf would react, but I had to because I didn't want to see rude. I walked over to him and he smirked. He knew I couldn't leave without talking to him, he was the Alpha. He opened his arms out to me and I stepped in between them and hugged him. He squeezed me firmly yet gently and whispered in my ear.

"Don't forget what I said. You are mine."

My wolf howled at the fact that our mate was hugging us and kept repeating that we were his. The little sparks of chemistry were going a mile a minute. I don't know how long we stood there holding one another, but it must have been a while because someone cleared their throat. I jumped away from him like he had the plague. Looking over at my mom, I noticed her giving me a curious look. I groaned internally. I'm sure I'd get grilled about this whenever I got back home. We walked out of the door and into the car. Everyone started chatting about how we had chosen the right pack after all.

I smiled to myself. If we hadn't moved here I would never have met my mate. The word just sounded right. He really was perfect. What more could a girl want? My fantasies of being marked and just snuggling him were soon interrupted by my cell phone. It was ringing loudly. I checked the caller id once I took it out of my jacket. Jared. I answered after the second ring, slightly panicking.

"Whisp, were you having so much fun that you forgot about me?" He teased.

I waited a moment for that feeling. That feeling that I had always gotten from talking to Jared. My heart would start beating faster. My stomach would get all tingly. And everything else would fade in the world besides me and him. Why didn't I feel like that? My wolf spoke up answering for me.

**Mate. It's because of our mate.**

Quickly, I cleared my throat. "Hey Jare Bear. Sorry for the long wait, I got caught up in meeting the new kids in the pack." I wouldn't dare mention anything about Derek right now.