I'm Good

Homework was originally invented as a method of punishment for students. There's no changing my mind about that.

   I did most of it, well, some of it. It wasn't long before I got bored of doing homework so I figured I should take a break because an unmotivated me was going to get me anywhere.

   I sat around, rolling the chair along the circumference of the table. After a while of that though, I got even more bored so I decided to go for a walk.

Clearly, I got bored very easily.

   As I bent down to get my crutches, I debated whether this was a good idea or not. Neither Callie, Arizona or Alex said that I wasn't allowed to wander around the hospital but then again, common sense told me that they probably didn't want me walking around.

   Against my better judgement though, I decided to leave the room anyway. I could probably make a loop around the building and get back to the conference room that Dr. Karev had shoved me into before anybody noticing I was even gone.

Right?

   It didn't take me very long to realize just how bad my sense of direction was and that I was lost. The reasonable side of my brain was telling me to just ask someone for help but clearly I wasn't feeling reasonable today as I kept wandering around instead.

   I was surprised at how long it took before I ran into trouble. Well...walked. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I stumbled back a little as I tried to regain balance again after colliding with a body.

   It looked like I had a thing going on for walking into doctors at this hospital.

"It's okay," The doctor replied and she looked like she was about to keep walking when she noticed my crutches, "Oh, can I help you?"

"No, no, I'm fine," I tried to smile casually and hopped on one leg as I tried to walk away.

   The doctor stopped me though, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you sure?" She asked, "Are you looking for someone?"

   I shook my head, "No...not really."

"You're sure I can't help you?" She persisted.

   I wasn't sure why she was so determined to get me to say that I needed help because I didn't. Maybe it looked like I needed help but I didn't.

I was fine.

"Yup!" I forced a huge and exaggerated smile onto my face.

"Summer?"

   I turned around to see Dr. Karev walking up to us, a confused look on his face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and despite the tiny voice telling me not to, I couldn't help but shoot back a sarcastic answer.

"You brought me here, remember?" I tried to put an innocent expression, "You told me Arizona told you to pick me up from school."

   Dr. Karev didn't have a very impressed look on his face, "I meant why are you wandering the halls and not in the conference room?"

   I shrugged, "I got bored."

"Didn't we tell you to stay put?" Dr. Karev asked and I shook my head.

"Nope."

   I had no idea where all this attitude was suddenly coming from. I had never been this sarcastic my entire life and now all of a sudden it's like I was making up for it all in a span of a day.

"So you're the Summer that Torres and Robbins are gushing about," The doctor I walked into said and pointed her finger at me.

   I raised an eyebrow, "Gushing huh?"