Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken

It didn't take very long for me to pack everything up considering there were four pairs of hands working on a task that didn't require four pairs of hands. I was so exhausted though from trying to keep it together that I was beginning to develop a headache. 

"I think that's the last of it," Callie announced as she handed me my toothbrush and my hairbrush. 

   I nodded and my shoulders sagged as I remembered how soon this would all be over. It was funny how my desire for time to pass changed with the decision of one person. I had originally wanted this day to be done with as soon as possible, but now I didn't think it could stretch out enough to satisfy me. 

"Thank you," I offered a drained smile as I took the items from her and packed them into the suitcase.

   I was still wearing the fancy blouse and dress pants, though the pants were now dirty from sitting on the wet ground at the cemetery. I probably wouldn't have minded too much but the damp fabric of the pants clung onto my skin uncomfortably and the blouse was too thin to provide any protection against the chill I was beginning to feel.

"Um, do you mind if I change?" I tugged at the blouse, "Into something more comfortable that is."

   Alex sighed, pretending to be exasperated, "We packed away all you're clothes just for you to take it out?"

   Arizona shot Alex a look before turning to me, "Of course."

   I chuckled and the three of them left the bedroom, telling me that they'd be waiting for me in the living room.

   I shut the door behind them and turned to the suitcase, a little annoyed at myself for not deciding to change earlier when Callie and Arizona did so.

   Not wanting to take everything out, I grabbed a hoodie and a pair of sweat pants that were at the top of the pile, changing into those before shoving the blouse and pants into the suitcase and zipping it back up. I was probably going to end up wrinkling them but I truly couldn't care less right now.

   I huffed and dragged the suitcase off the bed and towards the door. Just as I was about to leave the bedroom and go and join everyone in the living room, I suddenly stopped.

   I turned around and carefully studied the bedroom, the one that I used to call my own. This was most likely going to be the last time I set foot in this room and I needed a moment to reflect on that. 

   Despite feeling immense sadness, I still smiled softly. Many of my happy memories took place in this room. The room was also the setting of many pivotal conversations.

   I took one last look over the entire room before taking a deep breath and switching off the light. I pulled the suitcase out of the way of the doorframe and slowly pulled the door until I heard a click. 

   A few tears formed but I wiped them away, not wanting to show that I had been upset when I walked back out to the living room. I took a moment in the hall, standing in front of the bedroom door, to try and regain my composure.

It was going to be okay.

Hopefully.

   Forcing a smile onto my face, I strode down the hallway to the living room where everyone was seated, immersed in a conversation. The conversation stopped the moment they saw me though which lead me to believe that they were talking about me or about something that they didn't want me to hear.

Either way, I wanted to know now.

"What are we talking about?" I asked, squeezing in between Callie and Arizona on the couch.