Issues

Much to my relief, Arizona didn't ask me any questions when she came to pick me up. Instead, she pointed out how I must have been freezing, which I was, and cranked up the heat in the car. 

   It was starting to snow heavier, coating everything in a clean layer of white. I had always loved looking at snow for some strange reason. 

   The entire drive back to the apartment was silent. I wasn't sure if I should say something or if I should wait for Arizona to ask. Even though I hadn't taken anything or done anything, I still felt guilty and wasn't too keen on the idea of telling Arizona. 

   I thought I was going to get away with it until Arizona unlocked the apartment door and stepped aside, letting me walk in first. 

"So..." She looked expectantly at me, stopping me before I could slink away into the bedroom, "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

   I shrugged, "Not really?"

"You sure?" Arizona raised an eyebrow, "You don't sound so sure."

"I'm sure," I replied but didn't meet her eyes as I tried to get away again. 

"Sure about what?" Callie seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, a cup of tea clasped between her hands. 

   I sighed, "Nothing."

   I tried to walk away again but Callie stepped in front of me, preventing me from doing so. I was starting to get a little annoyed. Why couldn't they just leave me be?

"You sure?" Callie raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sure," I quickly told her and this time managed to walk around her, making a beeline for the bedroom. 

   I walked into the room and immediately shut the door behind me. I took the phone out of the pocket of my hoodie and set it down on the night table before pulling the hoodie over my head and tossing that onto the bed. 

Was it wrong of me to not tell them?

   But then again, did they have to know? It wasn't like I had taken anything...I hadn't done anything wrong."

   An image of the white-powder-filled baggies suddenly popped into my mind and I shivered, my stomach clenching in the process. My knees went weak and I quickly sat down on the bed. Thank god it was Friday and that I wouldn't have to see anybody from school tomorrow. 

"Summer?"

   I heard Callie's voice, followed by a few knocks on the door, and I sighed. I wanted to be alone right now, but clearly, that wasn't going to happen. 

"Can we come in?" Arizona asked, indicating that both of them were on the other side of that door. 

   I pursed my lip, "Yeah...sure."

   I watched as the doorknob twisted before the door slowly creaked open to reveal a smiling Arizona and a rather tentative Callie. 

"What's up," I tried to play it off casually but my voice gave it away. It was obvious that something was wrong.

   Arizona glanced briefly over at Callie before looking at me. She started walking over to the bed so I scooched over so that she could sit down as well. 

"Well..." Arizona took a seat next to me but she seemed to be at a loss for words.

"Something's wrong," Callie said, taking the hint from Arizona to jump in, "You can tell us Summer...we just want to help."

   Callie walked over to the bed as well and took a seat on the other side of me. Having both of them on each side made me feel guilty for some reason. They were here, willingly might I add, and I was still trying to shut them out.