1|Detention

James and Sirius.

A bromance everyone knows about and have grown to love. Well, almost everyone. When you find yourself covered in pink eggs and glitter, you wish they had never met.

The Marauders, as they liked to call the themselves - Prongs, Padfoot, Moony and Wormtail - were loved and hated all the same.

Little did they know, their lives were about to change.

***

"Are you serious, Sirius?"

"Oi!"

"Yes, I am. My future husband."

"Oi!"

"I love you too honey!"

"Oi!"

"Oh come on, Moony! Stop oi-ing us," Sirius yelled, waking up Peter.

"Now you notice me?" Lupin said nonchalantly.

"What happened? What's up with the bad mood?" James asked laughing at everything. James was always laughing and cracking jokes. People didn't question it.

"Boys, you are not turning the professors into ants. They might get crushed and die!" Remus never actually participated in the prank (unless it was distracting someone or making potions) but still got into detention. He was just... there!

James pouted, "Stop being such a McGonagall."

"You will get us expelled," Moony said flatly.

"Okay, okay."

"I am bored. Let's go take a walk. Inspiration comes from unexpected places and unexpected times," Sirius suggested.

"For the first time, you are right," James sighed and the four left the common room.

***

"DETENTION!"

How did they end up here? That's a good question. They always end up there.

How Lily and Snape ended up in detention with them, that is the actual question.

They were just walking around and ended up in a fight with Snape. Lily, who happened to be there, hexed James and Sirius fell down laughing like a madman.

But then, Remus hexed Severus, who was about to hex Padfoot. Snape missed and hexed Lily instead. Lily was about to hex Severus and that's when Professor McGonagall arrived at the crime scene.

Peter Pettigrew simply ran around, panicked.

"Oh, my! What's happened here? How come every time something goes wrong, you four are responsible!?!" The angry professor yelled angrily.

"I didn't do anything!" Peter insisted earning glares from the others.

"Of course, Peter. You are such a sweetheart, aren't you?" Professor McGonagall said sarcastically.

"Detention! ALL OF YOU!"

"But-"

"You too, Miss Evans. Tomorrow evening at my office. Now, don't be late," She said sternly. "Perhaps, you all would fancy a trip to Professor Sprout before going straight to bed."

***

"Oh no, no, no, no, no," Lily covered her face with her pale hands. "This is going to go on my school record. I will be considered a bad studen-"

"Piss off now, will you, Lily?" Sirius brushed off dust from another old relic.

"Hey!"

"Oi!"

James and Severus glared at each other at their similar responses.

"Man, these things are old!" Sirius gaped in awe. "Wonder how much they would cost-"

"Start cleaning already," Moony said flatly, again.

***

Two hours and they still weren't done. Something about too many relics...

James walked away from the group to clean the huge table located in the corner. It was scarlet with a beautiful shade of green. What actually caught the young man's eye was the enpty, grey cauldron.

"Guys," He called out.

He touched the side. Etched runes brightened up. "Merlin's beard, GUYS!" James shouted louder.

One by one, they arrived.

"What's wrong, Pro- WOAH! WHAT'S THAT?" Sirius pulled James back.

"Trouble seems to follow you guys," Lily gulped.

"Tell me about it," James said.

Suddenly, a string of white light rose from the empty cauldron. It separated itself into six more strings.

"Wait-"

Before anyone could react, the strings pulled them into oblivion.