4| Lily Evans or Chris Evans

Note to Self - Chapter name has nothing to do with the chapter... I just found this connection awfully exciting.

***

Lily was having a rough day. Saying that would have been an understatement. 

She had got into detention and then, traveled through time with the Marauders straight into the future and Lily wasn't sure that she wanted to know about her future. Time was, is, and always would be a dangerous weapon that no one could control.

All because of that boy. James Potter. Oh, that smug, rude, arrogant and pretentious, little boy.

Speaking of him, where was he?

Lily looked around and found James, who was angry with Sirius, who was laughing. She looked at where James was pointing and saw a shocked Harry. She walked to him.

"Hello, Harry. I am Ivy Nightingale," Lily said slowly as if she might scare him away. "Mind telling me why you are standing here so shocked?"

Harry jumped and stared at her as if thinking of what to reply. "I uh... I told Jack that James Potter was my father and he... kind of walked away to his friend."

Lily bit her lips smiling and trying not to burst out laughing. "It's okay, Harry. It is not your fault. Come on, let's go and talk to them."

She walked to them and cleared her throat, "Boys."

James regained his composure and turned, "Oh, look at this Shrek! Ivy Nightingale has come to cleanse our ears with her nightingale song. Changed your mind on that date I asked you to?"

"Oh, you clinking, clanking, clattering collection of caliginous junk! I came here so that you could apologize to Harry for your mannerless behavior," Lily answered back.

"The Wizard of Oz," An awestruck voice said from behind them.

James stared at the girl, "What?"

Hermione glared at James and turned to look at Lily, "The insult you used... It's from the Wizard of Oz. I'm Hermione Granger."

Lily smiled, "Ivy Nightingale. You read books?"

"Oh no," muttered Ron.

"Yes! Finally, someone who understands books!" Hermione exclaimed and glared at Ron. "They may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. They really are idiots."

Before Lily could answer, Moony spoke, "Groucho Marx as Rufus T. Firefly, Duck Soup. Welcome to the gang. I am Robin Lane."

"My pleasure," Hermione smiled.

"Don't worry, she is always like this," Ron mumbled to the others.

"Trust me when I say this, We know," James and Sirius deadpanned. Lily turned to face Ron, "Ronald Weasley, not our fault you don't understand the pleasure of reading books."

"He-"

"How did you know his name?" Harry interrupted. Even the others nodded.

Lily smiled, "You have your secrets, Harry, I have mine. Come on guys, let's eat! I don't want to starve."

***

"But Harry and Jack look so similar," Hermione said for the tenth time, making the time travelers panic for the millionth time.

"Did you know," James started. "There are seven people in this world that look exactly the same. It means there are six more people with your looks, Hermione and five more with me and Harry's. Just lucky that we met!"

"But that is a myth," Hermione protested.

"Magic is a myth," Moony said slowly. Hermione sighed and let it go... for now.

Then, Ron and Hermione got into a fight about Divination. Hermione left the table angrily pulling Lily along with her.

The next class – Care of Magical Creatures – was fun. The Marauders and Lily loved Hagrid and were glad to see that he had finally become a professor. It was a surprise Hagrid hadn't recognized them considering the fact that they had visited him almost everyday back then.

The Slytherins were there... Along with Severus.

"Hello Ivy," He had said to which Lily had smiled. Malfoy had continuously humiliated Hagrid and the Griffindores were clearly angry.

It was clear that seeing Harry volunteer and fly made James proud. Lily was surprised. Deep down in her heart, she was proud too.

She was getting along with her Hippogriff but Malfoy made a huge scene of getting hurt and the class ended badly but they had fun.

After dinner (where Dumbledore had introduced the new students), they went to sleep. The day was amazing. 

As she went to sleep, Lily couldn't stop admiring this timeline which had started to feel like home. Hermione and the others in the dorm were asleep. Lily knew it. She closed her eyes and swept into the realms of Morpheus.

***

Would you laugh at me if I say that I got rank 4 in cauldron between 77 stories???

Question Of The Chapter -

10. What does one say to close the Marauder’s Map and make it blank again?