27| 'Sorting Things Out'

The last chapter questions were answered by Sidneythakid and myusername_works!! A huge round of applause for them!!! *claps*

***

"James," Sirius said as if he couldn't believe his eyes.

An awkward silence made home between them as the Marauders looked at each other, unable to believe it. James, instead of glaring, actually observed his old friend.

Moony, who was just passing by, noticed the two together and internally panicked.

Suddenly, James turned his head to look at Remus, noticing him. Moony's eyes widened as he gaped open-mouthed.

James closed his eyes taking a deep breath. Remember the plan...

"Hello boys," He deadpaned, his voice hoarse. (Oh, Jack. Too much Crowley in this sentence...)

"Hey," Remus managed to the word out of his mouth. Hesitating, he added, "James."

James sighed. It was now or never. He owed this to Padfoot, his Padfoot. He would sort things out.

"I-"

James paused and felt a pang of hurt in his heart. But- But what if Sirius actually had betrayed him? What if his friendship and all those tears shed together and laughter shared with each other been a huge, huge lie? No...

"Enjoy the party," James slowly said and turned to leave.

Ugh! Why couldn't James bring himself to say the one dam line! It had seemed so easy at first. He had rehearsed the lines so many times. Then, why? Why was it so hard?

"James, wait!" Sirius called out. James panicked.

Should I stop? No... or maybe, yes? OH, NO! JUST KEEP WALKING, JAMMY! Where should I go? I can't go into the party.. Maybe I should stop! *welp* too late for that. Just head to the dorms and sleep, boi!

Keep walking...

Keep walking...

So, he kept walking.

***

Sirius watched sadly as James left the common room and headed upstairs.

He felt a soft hand placed on his shoulder. He reached out and touched the hand taking pleasure in the warmth supplied to him.

Remus. The only person who hadn't yet abandoned him.

"It's okay, Padfoot," Remus said, his voice laced with comfort.

"Thank you, Moony." With that, Sirius turned and hugged him.

(Okay! Now, I officially ship WolfStar. You have me in your clutches, fandom!)

***

The moon was still shining brightly when James woke up.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Disoriented in the total darkness, he fumbled with his hangings - he could hear movements around him.

James wore his glasses quickly. Finding the divide in his curtains, he ripped them back. It was still dark when Seamus spoke up, "What's going on?"

James held his breath. Over there, in the dark, a figure exited the dormitory, entering the common room. It wasn't long before the other students would show up.

All thoughts left James when he saw the figure turning into a... dog!

Paralyzed, James just watched as the figure left the Griffindor Common room too but not before sparing a glance at James.

What was Sirius Black doing here?

***

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

After all that fun and tension, Sirius hadn't expected to be woken up by a loud noise in the middle of the night. He hadn't expected to be woken up at all!

"Ugh! What's that noise?" He groaned.

At the same time, Remus lit his lamp.

"Padfoot, get up! It came from Harry's dormitory," Remus scolded.

That was enough to get Sirius alert. Harry's dormitory was also James' dormitory.

The duo stood up and ran to see what was happening. Other students were also showing up in common room.

Harry, Ron, Seamus and Dean walked down the stairway into the common room. Sirius panicked. Where was James?

A while later, James walked down too, his face stern and alert, wand held tightly. They locked eyes and Sirius felt the strong urge to look away.

"Perce - Sirius Black!" said Ron faintly. "In our dormitory! With a knife! Woke me up!"

The common room went very still. Sirius blinked.

The last time his future self had shown up, all he'll had broken loose. He had lost James, his best friend. The words Ron had said were enough to make his blood run cold.

He looked at Ron's pale face and then back at James for confirmation.

Surprisingly, instead of snarling or scowling at him, James nodded slowly.

The wands in their hands suddenly grew warm. It was shining, but not too much as to catch the other student's attention.

Remus and Sirius gaped at each other. His wand was shining too! Then, a voice that that clearly belonged to James' spoke in their heads.

We need to talk.

***

There you have it! I'm sorry for not posting for a long time. There was no network connection in our house.

What is the Dursley's address?