3| Potter?

Shout out to Dawg1515 for answering the right question! Yes, I did some research and yes, it could have been stupefy too! Glad to know that you liked my book! I am so excited for this. Onto the story!

***

“One more thing,” Professor McGonagall said as the time travellers neared the transfiguration classroom. “Do not disrespect the professors or reveal your identities to your future selves. Now, Chop! Chop! Follow me!”

Professor McGonagall guided them into a classroom filled with students. The class quietened when they entered. The silence was deafening.

“Good morning. We have six transfer students joining us today. Treat them well,” She finished and nodded at us.

“I am Ja- (cough, cough) Jack Armstrong, Griffindore, third year.”

Following James’ lead, everyone introduced themselves. When Severus gave his introduction, Sirius scoffed.

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat, “Grab your seats, let’s begin the lesson.”

She started telling them about Animagi (wizards who could transform at will into animals) and the Mauraders exchanged knowing looks. She then proceeded to transform herself to a tabby cat with spectacle markings around her eyes. I was surprised when I saw that no one clapped.

“Really, what has got into you all today?” said Professor McGonagall, turning back into herself with a faint pop, and staring around at them all. “Not that it matters, but that’s the first time my transformation’s not got applause from a class.”

Everybody’s heads turned towards a black hair boy who was sitting in the back. James narrowed his eyes observing the boy. Feeling Sirius’ eyes on his back, he turned to him. Sirius was shocked too.

James turned to look at the boy. If not for their eyes, height and a few facial features, people might have considered them as twins. A girl raised her hand.

“Please, Professor, we’ve just had our first Divination class, and we were reading the tea leaves, and —”

“Ah, of course,” said Professor McGonagall, suddenly frowning. “There is no need to say any more, Miss Granger. Tell me, which of you will be dying this year?”

Everyone stared at her. James grinned remembering how their class had started with Sirius bring declared to die and the Marauders teasing him all day...

It was only a week ago but now, it felt so long back.

“Me,” said the boy who looked like James.

“I see,” said Professor McGonagall, fixing him with her beady eyes. “Then you should know, Potter-“

James looked up at his name but noticed that the professor wasn’t even looking at him.

“- that Sybill Trelawney has predicted the death of one student a year since she arrived at this school. None of them has died yet. Seeing death omens is her favorite way of greeting a new class. If it were not for the fact that I never speak ill of my colleagues —” Professor McGonagall broke off, and they saw that her nostrils had gone white.

She went on, more calmly, “Divination is one of the most imprecise branches of magic. I shall not conceal from you that I have very little patience with it. True Seers are very rare, and Professor Trelawney…”

She stopped again, and then said, in a very matter-of-fact tone, “You look in excellent health to me, Potter, so you will excuse me if I don’t let you off homework today. I assure you that if you die, you need not hand it in.”

The girl laughed.

James exchanged confused looks with Sirius, Moony and Lily. ‘Meet me after class,’ Lily mouthed and turned back her attention to the class.

I looked back at the Potter boy with a frown on my face and excitement churning inside my chest.

***

As soon as the class ended, James rushed forward to get to his friends (Yes, Professor McGonagall won't let them sit together because she is wise...) but was immediately blocked by curious babie- sorry, students asking them questions.

"Which school did you transfer from?"

"Isn't your name Jack?"

James raised his hands in mock surrender, "My lips are sealed. You may ask Professor McGonagall, she will happily answer your questions."

He turned to the door and suddenly fell backwards on hitting the wall that he failed to notice in the crowd. "MERLIN'S BEARD! Why is there a wall here?"

Someone raised their hands for James. Thinking it was Sirius, he took it and got up.

Brushing off dust from his robes, he said, "Thank you Si- Oh!"

He looked up and found himself face to face with the Potter boy. There was a scar on his forehead that he hadn't noticed from far.

Okay, time to edit the sentence - If not for their eyes, height, a few facial features and a scar, people might have considered them as twins.

The boy raised his hands, "Harry Potter."

James gladly took his hand, "Ja- uh.. Jack-" oh shoot, I forgot my name. Wait... YES! "-Armstrong."

"Welcome to Hogwarts," He gestured to his hands and James let go. "You will enjoy it here."

Realising that the awkwardness in the air, Harry turned to leave. James turned out to be faster, It's now or never. "Harry!" The boy turned. "You are Harry Potter as in a relative of James Potter?"

Deep down, James wished it to be true. But right now, he hoped him to laugh it off. Instead, Harry narrowed his eyes, "Yes. I am his son. But why would you as-"

James turned and left, his legs finding his way to Sirius. James pulled him aside and pointed at Harry. "That boy is Harry Potter, my son!"

***

Phew, this chapter is long. Today's question -

In a match of Quinditch, would Ravenclaw win or Hufflepuff?

(Note - These questions are questions to which even I don't know answers, so... I will just tag to first person to answer???)