13| Hogsmeade

The answer to the 12th chapter was given by pjoclairesewinmari. SAY HI TO MY SISTER, GUYS!!!

Note - This chapter is really long. You guys are in for a ride!

***

"Aguamenti!"

James woke up just as a jet of water was thrown at his face.

"UGH!" Groaning, he searched for his glasses with his rite hand. But James didn't find them. He was sure he had kept it there...

"Fred. George. I know it's you. Joke's over. Give me my glasses!" James ordered.

Giggling was heard, "Okay, you can have it, Jack." Fred. James was right. It was the Weasley twins.

***

James got out of the showers, still wet. He rummaged through his trunk, searching for something to wear. I should clean it someday, He thought. Yeah, right! Someday...

"Hey!" A familiar voice called out and James smiled.

"Hello Padfoot! Long time no see." This was the first time they had talked in a long time. This time, Sirius was the one to reach out and not James. However, he had a feeling Moony had something to do with this.

"So, Remus told me what happened in the lake." Of course, Moony told Sirius. But that didn't change the fact that Sirius had reached out.

"Prongs, I didn't mean to make you feel alone. I'm just... I'm just really caught up with something," Sirius explained.

James nodded, "I want you to know that I understand, Paddy. Yo-"

"No, let me finish," Sirius interrupted. "Okay?"

James nodded. Sirius continued, "I got you a little something."

James raised his eyebrows as Sirius reached for his pocket.

He took out a ring. The stone was raven like James' hair. The rest of it was a beautiful grey. A grey that was very similar to Sirius' grey eyes.

James put his hand on his heart, "Are you sirius-ly proposing me, Sirius?"

"Shut up, James. We both know it's a promise ring. If you are ever alone, or feel alone, remember that I am always here for you, okay?"

"Okay."

***

Halloween breakfast started abruptly. One would blame the Weasley twins. They had somehow got photos of James being woken up by the 'Aguamenti' charm and now, they annoyed him everywhere.

"5 sickles! Only 5! And you can get one photo!"

Only when he had reached the Great Hall did James realize that it was Hogsmeade day. He headed to Hermione's table. It was really nice that someone knew the truth.

"-ots of sweets back from Honeydukes,” Hermione was saying.

“Yeah, loads,” Ron agreed.

“Don’t worry about me,” said Harry, in an offhand voice, “I’ll see you at the feast. Have a good time.”

"Wait, Harry isn't going?" James asked shocked.

"No, nobody signed my slip," Harry said sadly.

James frowned, "Why didn't your par-"

"You aren't going too, Jack?" Hermione interrupted quickly.

James sighed, "Nah... we didn't have signed slips too. Professor McGonagall is a sucker for rules. You shouldn't let that get to you, Harry. But why didn't your pare-"