23| Broken Bonds

The last chapter question was answered by Imapotatolikekiddo2 and DhritiShah234!! Who else wants a Weasley sweater?

*throws sweaters everywhere*

***

Hermione processed what had just happened in front of her. "Harry, why did you say that?"

Harry's mouth was wide open. He was starting to regret what he had just said. His eyes filled with tears that were yet to fall.

"Mate," Ron looked at him. "I'm usually on your side but you shouldn't have said that. Jack actually cares about you."

By now, Hermione was holding back tears, "You boys are actual idiots and I mean it."

With that, she stomped off.

***

Everyone was glad when the rest of the school returned shortly after New Year, and Gryffindor Tower became crowded and noisy again.

Classes started the next day. During Defence Against The Dark Arts, Lupin approached James to remind him about the classes.

"James, Harry talked to me about the classes. Come to the History of Magic classroom. Eight o'clock on Thursday evening. Okay?"

"Thanks, Moony. I owe you tons," James smiled.

Remus smiled back, "It's alright! It's amazing having a friend back..."

A while later, Wood had approached James.

"Did you hear?" He exclaimed. "Harry got a Firebolt for Christmas! A Firebolt! But Professor McGonagall took it away..."

It's my fault... "Yes, I heard."

Before going to sleep, be was confronted with a tired Hermione. "James, WAIT!"

James turned to face the frizzy-headed girl.

"Look, Harry is sorry for what he said to you that da-"

"-But he was right," James interrupted. "He was right. I don't deserve to be his father. I'm just a thirteen year old. It was wrong of me t-"

"-It was and still is Harry's fault! Don't blame yourself. Do you realize how similar you are to Harry? Even he blames himself for everything. Harry is sad about losing his firebolt. Don't exaggerate yourself."

James remained quiet.

Hermione's sighed, "That's not what I wanted to talk to you about..."

"Hmm?"

"Did you know Professor Lupin uh... Remus is a..." She bit her lips unable to speak.

Instead, James raised her eyebrow, "You figured it out?"

"Do we mean the same things here?"

"If it is about Remus, probably yes."

Hermione smiled warmly, "So, you knew he was a werewolf?"

James shrugged and grinned for the first time in days, "So, you really are a 'know-it-all', huh?"

"Oh, shut up!"

And they laughed.

***

At eight o'clock on Thursday evening, Harry left Gryffindor Tower for the History of Magic classroom. The first thing he saw when he entered was the black-haired boy lighting the lamps with his wand.