9. COPY OF A COPY OF A COPY

I woke up the next morning alone in our bed. I squinted and fumbled for my phone on the nightstand. 11:12 am.

"Fuck," I mumbled. I rolled out of bed, smoothed my hair down, and started the journey to find the people I lived witj. Keenan and Karter's room door was open, and they weren't inside their bedroom.

I padded down the stairs, and it was only then when I heard voices coming from the kitchen.

"You're wrong," Karter said flatly.

"I'm not," Louis laughed. "It's better."

"It is better, Karter," Keenan added.

I stepped into the kitchen and leaned against the island.

"What are you kids arguing about now?" I asked playfully.

"Cheese sticks," Karter said. "Are they better with alfredo sauce or marinara? Like, to dip?"

"Who uses alfredo sauce?" I asked, my nose scrunched.

"Exactly," Louis laughed. "That's what we're saying." He nodded his head to Keenan. She smiled and nodded her head.

"Alfredo is better, you guys are just uncultured."

"It's three against one," Keenan laughed, nudging her brother. "You lose."

"Shut up."

"You shut up!"

"Dork."

"Idiot."

"Smelly."

"Spook."

"Okay," I laughed, jumping in to cut off their childish argument. I had years of practice from living with the One Direction boys, specifically Louis and Niall. "What are we doing today? Ideas, suggestions, plans that are already in place that I forgot about?"

"I've got nothing," Louis said.

"Me neither," Karter added. I looked at Keenan with raised eyebrows, to see if she had a suggestion for us. She shook her head no.

"Sounds like we're just gonna do nothing then," I laughed. It was nice, sometimes. My life had been exceptionally busy ever since I met the boys. Every once and awhile, it was nice to chill out and be lazy.

"So, wait," Karter said slowly, "you guys are famous right?"

"Right," Louis said.

"Does that make us famous by association?" Karter asked. Keenan's jaw dropped, like she had just made the realization as well.

"Yeah, kind of," I said. "I wasn't a celebrity until I met the boys, and then suddenly I was on the front of magazines and stuff. That's what their management wanted, you know? Niall taking guardianship of me was a really big deal at the time, and One Direction was a giant band with a huge following. Louis and I have a big fan base, so I think you'll probably be some sort of famous?"

"That sounds like a lot of pressure," Keenan mumbled.

"It can be, especially if you don't have people around you that watch out for you," Louis said. "The industry is crazy. But Mickey and I know how it works, and we're gonna try to keep you two as separate from it as possible."

"I'm confused," Karter said, "like what's our role in this? Are we going to be like interviewed and on tv and shit like that?"

"Language," I corrected. I scrunched my nose, because I didn't like sounding like Liam.

"That's up to you," Louis said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Mickey and I have a segment on Ellen in a few weeks. If you want to come along you can, you know? Get a feel for the environment, maybe answer a few of her questions? If you want, of course, no pressure."