33. FIRST TIME

[ONE MONTH LATER]

Routine wasn't something our household stuck too. All of us were always busy due to changing schedules, significant others, and schoolwork. There was a whole lot of room for error between the four, sometimes five, of us.

What made it easier, though, was all the help from the boys. Liam and Emily, along with Zayn and Perrie, moved from London to LA. Emily was 4 months pregnant.

They would be having a baby girl.

She was due in five months, meaning September. Now though, in April, we had a lot of other things going on.

Firstly, Keenan's fifteenth birthday. Per her request we invited all of the boys who's schedules would allow them to come. And, of course, her boyfriend Chandler came as well.

After her birthday, there was another event to focus on. Harry's wedding.

Louis and I got ready together. Harry and Carly's theme was red and black. It was only fitting that I wore a red bridesmaids dress, and Louis wore a red button down under a black blazer. He was Harry's best man. I was Carly's maid of honor. It worked out well for us.

While I finished on my hair, Louis rushed around to make sure all three kids were on track.

Keenan and Mariam were in black dresses and Karter had a red blazer pulled over a grey button down. Together, the five of us were quite the group.

"Is everyone ready?" I asked. We were all in the kitchen, congregating before we left.

"I think so," Keenan said.

"I'm good," Karter said.

"Yeah, I'm good too," Mariam said.

Louis gave me a thumbs up as he read over the speech he forgot to memorize.

"Okay, let's go," I said. We piled out of the house.

"Can I drive?" Mariam asked. Louis and I shared a look.

"That would be good, yeah," he said. I laughed and shook my head when he climbed into the back seat with Keenan and Karter.

Mariam climbed into the drivers seat. She waited for everyone to buckle their seatbelts before turning the key.

"We're gonna be a little bit late," I said, looking down at my phone.

"Not with the way I'm about to drive," Mariam said. She smiled at me to show that she was only joking.

Mariam was, to an extent, doing better. The loss of her family was devastating. She was still working though that, and we knew she would be for awhile. But it was nice to see her smile.

This event would be Mariam's first time meeting Zayn. Somehow, it seemed like their schedules always overlapped so they missed opportunities to see each other.

I really wanted Mariam and Zayn to be close. They had a lot in common, plus their religion. I wanted Mariam to be able to connect with someone who followed the same faith. Her family used to practice Islam, and I knew it was hard for her sometimes to leave dinner and pray alone.