2. SIGN OF THE TIMES

"Listen, I have to go talk to someone really quick. Please just give me a minute?"

I looked up from my feet. I turned my head left, and then right, and then spun over my shoulder.

I would recognize his voice anywhere.

Across the airport, taking to a very stressed out looking flight attendant, was Louis Tomlinson.

"Louis?" I asked loudly. Louis looked up and scanned the room, and then his eyes locked on me.

That was all it took.

I ran to him, and he ran to me, and then suddenly he was holding me in the middle of the airport. I grabbed onto his shirt, not willing to let go.

"The contract is over," I said frantically, "you sighed the contract with Eleanor five years ago and the contract we signed went until that contract was over and- Louis, oh my god-"

"I know," Louis said. He pushed me back by my biceps.

"Louis?"

"Mickey," Louis said, "I'm in love with you."

"I'm in love with you too," I whispered, "Always."

Louis crashed his lips into mine, then. Our lips moved in sync and my body curved into his.

Right there, in the middle of the airport at 3:32 AM, the love of my life and I found our way back to each other.

For the past four years, every cell in my body had been waiting for this to happen. I was in his arms, and he was in mine; the world had finally started spinning again.

"I hate to break up whatever this... moment... is, but your plane needs to move so the next one can be boarded. On or off, Mr. Tomlinson?" The hostess tapping on Louis' shoulder is what brought both of us back into reality.

"Come with me," Louis said.

"I don't even have a bag packed," I laughed.

"It doesn't matter," Louis said, "come with me, love. Let's start it all over again." He squeezed my waist once. My body was pressed tightly against his.

Even if I wanted to stay, I don't think I would have been able to. Because Louis and I were finally back to how we were supposed to be all along. Or at least, we were on our way back.

"Okay," I whispered. Louis pecked my lips once before pulling away and grabbing my hand.

"Sorry," Louis said to the hostess. The older woman smiled and shrugged.

"I've seen a plane get delayed for worse reasons," she said, "now go on." Louis pulled me away, down the hallway. I jogged to keep up with him.

"Are we really doing this?" I asked.

"It's about time we do something," Louis said. I nodded my head and looked him over.

The four years had been kind to him. His hair was no longer shaggy and styled in a swoop. Instead, he had a peaky blinders haircut. It suited him. Louis and I had both done a lot of growing up.

Were we still the people we fell in love with? That question hit me suddenly. Years ago, before we ended things, I was scared that we would be different people.