13. SAY IT ALL

Louis and I arrived at the set of Ellen 40 minutes late. Hand in hand, we walked through the doors and into the sight of everyone who was waiting for us. They were instantly all over us.

"Mickey, you're going to come with me and Louis, you'll go with her," a girl said, jogging up to me. Between her clipboard and her glasses, she gave off a very smart impression.

"I'll see you in a few," I said. I leaned over to Louis to give him a quick peck before I pulled my hand away and started to follow my smart-looking girl, who was obviously in a hurry.

"Sorry for being late, kids held us up," I said awkwardly, peppering in a meaningless lie to cover up the real reason we were gone. "Also, before I forget, I have a few things to blacklist."

"The paper for that is in your dressing room," the girl said.

"Oh, perfect thank you. I'm Mickey by the way." The girl looked at me, a bit confused as to why I was introducing myself. Everyone in the building knew my name. It was a household name.

"Hannah," she said. Hannah opened a door and nodded her head for me to walk through it. "This is your dressing room."

"Oh, cool," I said.

"You've done all of this before so I'm not going to explain everything, but Mary Beth should be in here in a few to give you your change of clothes and do your make-up."

"That's great, thank you," I said softly. Hannah nodded and fixed her glasses before leaving me alone in the dressing room.

Of course, I never managed to be alone for very long.

"Hey, love."

"What are you doing in here?" I laughed. Louis smiled and padded closer to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and playfully tackled me onto the couch. "Lou!" I laughed.

"Wanted to tell you that the kids made it to school, Keenan texted me." He laid between my legs with his head on my stomach. I sighed fondly and put my hand on his head.

"And you couldn't have just texted me to tell me that?"

"I also have your phone," Louis said. He reached into his pocket to grab it, and then set it on my chest. "I should go so they can get me ready."

"You should," I said. Neither of us made any kind of attempt to move out of the position we were in. "I love you, hon."

"I love you too," he whispered.

Our lives were far from normal and picture perfect. At times like this, though, it was easy to forget.

We weren't pop sensations known by everyone around the world. I wasn't Niall Horan's younger sister that got pulled out of the foster care system. Louis wasn't the former One Direction star who lost his mother and sister barely a year apart. We weren't backstage in a dressing room at a giant tv company.

We were simply two people, newly married, and in love.

"Mickey Tomlinson?" The door to my dressing room opened, revealing a woman who was probably in her mid-forties. "Mr. Tomlinson too?"

"I was just leaving," Louis said apologetically. He untangled himself from me and pulled me into a sitting position as he stood. "Bye, lovie."

"See you in a few," I laughed. He brushed past the woman, giving her a guilty smile, before leaving and closing my door behind him.

"You must be Mary Beth?" I asked.

"In the flesh," she laughed, "now come sit and let me put on your face." I sat in the chair she directed me to and watched as she pulled out her make-up bag. "Newlywed, hm?"