38. FOR YOU (PT. 1)

[ONE MONTH LATER]

The day I met James again started as... well... it started as a chaotic one.

Louis and I were preparing for a charity soccer match with the other 1D boys, in which we would be playing for opposite teams. As we moved around each other, getting ready, we trash talked. You know, as we should've.

"You're ready to lose, right?" I asked, tossing my hair into a pony tail.

"Oi, I don't think so," Louis said. "Me, Liam and Harry are going to whoop your team."

"No chance," I laughed.

"How many legs do you three have between you again?" Louis asked. I dropped my jaw, slightly shocked, before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"Five and a half," I managed through giggles. "Doesn't change the fact that I'm a better footballer than you with a quarter less legs."

"That's not even true," Louis laughed. He grabbed onto me and tackled me onto the bed. We bounced up from the force, both laughing loudly. "We could have really rough sex so you're sore, that would help my team win."

"As tempting as that sounds, I'm going to have to decline," I said through more laughter. Louis  laughed into my neck. For a minute, that's all we could do. Just lay in bed and laugh.

We were happy.

Our kids stayed over at Zayn's the night before, and we had no work to catch up on, and we were 2/6 of the reason the charity match was bringing in 100,000 dollars. We had every reason to be stress free and happy.

"We've got to get going," Louis said, voice raspy against my skin.

"You're that eager to get there and lose?"

Louis scoffed and rolled away from me. He frowned playfully, before standing up and pointing down at me.

"Until after the game, you're my enemy," he declared.

"I love you," I said. Louis was silent. "Lou, honey, I love you."

Louis mumbled something under his breath and turned away from me.

"What was that?" I asked smartly, raising my eyebrows.

"I said I love you too, but that doesn't change the fact that you're my competition."

"Whatever you have to tell yourself, babe." I stood up off of the bed and kissed his cheek as I walked past him. "Since we're mortal enemies, does that mean I'm not making you a sandwich for lunch?"

"Turkey and swiss please," Louis said, answering my question.

"That's what I thought," I said. I left him alone in our room and started downstairs.

I was in the kitchen, preparing a stockpile of sandwiches, when the side door opened. Harry walked though it, face as pale as the envelope in his hand.

"Hey?" I said.

"Sit down," Harry said. I blinked in surprise.