chapter 59

Six months later......

The room as surrounded by only the three of us and Cassidy in the bed.  She was cool as a cucumber.  Not stressed one bit.   Jared was at her beck and call giving her back rubs and kisses.  " Jared I'm fine I promise you, just relax,  for me. ".    That was Cassidy  alright.  She always had control always cool. Calming influence.  Shannon and watched some movies on Netflix .   He wanted to watch a race movie and me? I wanted a drama.  So we compromise.  S" come here ".   He lays the roll out bed and we lay down and relax.  

Hour later the doctor comes in and asks her if shes feeling ok and of course,  none.  She's a tough as nails,  that's my girl.    Jared went to get something from the car and I got to talk to Cassidy  more.  Me" so you never did pick their name ".   " I was thinking,  Camden Jeshua Leto ".   That just stuck!  Beautiful  name for an angel.   We talked about how we grew up telling ourselves,  we'd never date anyone and made a pact,  if we were single by thirty, hell we would marry each other as a joke. And now kids who would have imagined this? 

" I can't wait to meet my son,  he's gonna be the light of my life ".   I leaned down and laid my head on her stomach and said a few words.  Me" hey there little guy,  let me tell ya few things before you make your entrance and meet your two amazing parents.  Ok first,  mom is always right!  If mom says no,  go to your father.  Don't lie, your. Mom has a radar like a hawk for lies. Your dad,  is a big softy,  he will make you feel like the luckiest kid in the universe.  He's like a kid himself,  that's a good thing.  Your gonna have an amazing life ahead of you.  Your gonna be loved and cherished,  protected and well......".   I began to cry and felt  Cass touch my head and I said " your gonna have the best mom in the world she's so beautiful inside and out,  please don't break her heart. ".   I stood back up and hugged Cass  so hard I was so happy for her,  she deserved this bundle of joy more than anyone.  It just touched me she was now married and happy.  

She just protected everyone never should when she was hurting and I always wanted her to know how much I loved her selfless heart.  The doctors and Jared came in just as she was going into labor.   I asked the doctor to let Jared and I hold her legs as she pushed my nephew out.  I wanted to see him,  meet him.  She pushed with all her might and it was a quick one too.  Six pushes and here he came. Nice full lungs and just perfect as can be.    She held her son in her arms and Jared held his tiny lille hand.  They both stared at their son and were beaming with joy.   Shannon and I stepped out to let them enjoy this beautiful family moment.