chapter 2

My alarm went off and interrupted my peaceful slumber.  The shower felt good over my skin.   Today was the first day if my internship. I was nervous but excited at the same time.  My outfit was ready and i was good to go. Half and hour later I was in the lobby of one of the biggest and well known hospitals in LA.  The smell of expensive perfume and colonge filled the air.  Coffee immediately caught my scenes in full come to me mode. Grande Carmel latte was my drug of choice to kick me awake.  Looking around I knew today I was gonna be starting the first day of the rest of my life.  The elevator stopped on the 12 th floor, the trauma ward.  I had always wanted to work in this area of nursing. Many didn't understand my reasoning but its just something you have to experience. When someone was at there worst, you would be that person who would be there to hold there hand and just keep them company when everyone had been at the breaking point of stress. The hole floor was busy and nurses and doctor were running from room to room .  I was excited.  A man approached me and extends his hand and said " hello, I'm Doctor Stevens, you must be Julie? ". I smiled big this was him!  The man I've heard so much about.  I shook his hand and said " Yes that would be me and I'm so happy to finally get the chance to work with you. ".    DR". Welcome!  Hope you brought your running shoes because on this floor, we never walk we run there is not in between.  ".  I took off my coat and he showed me where the break room was.  I locked up my things and out on a lab coat.  The feel of it on my skin I felt every last minute of no sleep and endless days at work at the cafe were with it.  It had all led to this.  I was ready.