chapter 29

A couple days later we all parted ways.  Shannon and the guys were headed to Paris, I was on my way back to LA. I didn't wanna leave him but it would be good for us to have own time away. S" I will call you when I get there ". He kissed my lips and held me tight.  Me" I love you see you in a couple weeks.". He gave me a strange look.  I knew what he was thinking. How come I wasn't broken up that he was going without me. I couldn't tell him my feelings had changed. It was something I had no control of.  I loved him but I was falling out of love with him. I grabbed my bags and loaded them in the taxi. S" love you ".  Me" bye Shannon ".  He grabbed me back and was upset. Me" what Shannon? ".  S" what's wrong?  Why are you acting so cold to me?".   Me" I'm not I just have to get back to get work ".  S" fine, I won't stop you ".   I got in the taxi and we pulled away. 

Once I arrived home, I took a bath and scrolled through pics of us and my heart felt nothing. How could I feel so strong one minute then nothing the next.  Maybe we just needed time apart.

I got in bed later on and plugged in my phone.  Work was gonna come early in the morning so I put it on silent.  I had no idea that would be a big mistake. Around 2am I woke up with a great need for water.  I could feel something was wrong very very wrong. 

My gut feeling was telling me to look at my phone .  Oh no! How could this happen?  Ten missed calls.  All from Jared. I knew it was about Shannon.  My heart sank when the first message played.  Jared" hey , um I know your probably asleep and I don't wanna wake you,  but....... Shannon's been in a bad accident and he's fallen into a coma..... I'm sorry..... I wanted you to know. ".   Message stopped and I felt so guilty for leaving even worse for being so far away from him. He needed me and I let him down.  What have I done ? I called in work and caught the next flight out to get to him as fast as I could. Nothing was gonna keep me from being by his side.