chapter 22

I got finished up and went to open the door and it wouldn't budge for me.  I pushed harder and heard and "ouch damit that hurt! ".  Finally was able to walkout and looked to see Shannon holding his head.  Me" now you know how I feel " I was bent over the bed and he tackled me pinning me down.   Me" going you wanna use me again before you leave? ".  S" no!  I love you what would I do that to you? ".   I tried to push him off and he held me firm. Kissing my neck , his fingers locked in mine.  S" you have to believe me, I swear to you I'd never say that to the woman I love".   I looked in his eyes and kissed his cheek. Me" I'm sorry....... I'm sorry I doubted you ".  A smiled lit up his face and he laid his head on my chest.

I went to work later on and felt better about us.  Meanwhile, I had to think of  a plan to get Jared back. Now normally would I seek revenge, but he did this to try and break us up.  Five pm it was dinner time for our patients.  I made my rounds and came across one little girl.  She was playing with her doll in bed.  What struck me , was her face. A medium sized bruise was displayed across her innocent forehead.  I immediately thought that, hey she's a young active child maybe  she fell or bumped something on accident. No one was in there with her, which I also found odd too. No parents, no grandparents. Me" hello, I'm nurse Sirac how are you this evening? ".  She turned to me and right then i knew, this wasn't no accident. She had a tear in her eye and it broke my heart.   I sat down and held he small hand in mine and read her name across her wrist band. Kelsey.  What a beautiful name.  K" hello ".  Me" how are you feeling today? ".  K" I'm..... Ok ".  I leaned in and could see a small cut on her neck. I felt rage engulf my body! We'd just met and already she had found her way into my heart.  My soft spot was kids.  Me" how about some cookie dough ice cream? ".   She smiled and said with a happy tone " oh yummy!  Can I have spinkles and a cheery on top?".  I rubbed the top of her head and she flinched. Someone had abused this sweet angel and I knew I had to do something but deep inside I knew it wasn't my place. Unless......

As I left her room I pulled up her file.  I was shocked when I read what came across the screen.  She was an a foster home child. She could be adopted.  Her parents had been drug abusers and she had just been removed from the home.  An only child too.  I had an idea. 

When I reached her room, with ice cream in hand, she smiled and sat back up, holding her doll close to her chest.  K" thank you very much ". I sat on the chair beside her bed.  I didn't dare touch her for fear I'd get the same reaction.   K" my head hurts ".  Me" I can fix that and make it go away ".  Kelsey grabbed my hand and placed hers on top of it.  My decision was finalized.  Next step, make it official.