chapter 9

Y/N POV

I heard muffled voices around me. They sounded familiar. What happened? Where was I?

"She looks like a pig when she's sleeping." I heard someone say. "Shut up before she hears you, idiot!" someone else continued.

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing Daphne and Pansy looking down at me.

"She's awake!", Daphne said whilst caressing my cheek. Her bright blue eyes were staring at me.

"W-where am I? What happened." I said, groaning at the pounding pain in my head.

"You passed out when you were heading to the hospital wing. You're lucky Madame Pomfrey was fast enough to catch you, or else you would be in a long sleep right now." Pansy explained.

My thoughts flew to Malfoy, remembering what he said to me. I didn't want to cut Blaise out of my life because of some pathetic blonde boy with daddy issues. He's crazy to think that I would actually listen to him. Even though he might've drove me crazy, I wasn't going to admit that. After all, I knew I would be just a quick fuck to him, nothing more. That's why I decided that I would be playing along. I'd make him feel like he's the one being used. Finally, he would be feeling the way he's made other girls feel, including Pansy.

She told me about her affair with Draco. He told her that he was being serious with her, that she was the only girl he would please, but once he took her innocence from her, he never talked to her again.

How could someone be that heartless?

"Are you listening Aveline?" I was startled and looked at her in surprise. "Uhm.. You were saying tha-" I tried to say, but a scream interrupted me.

Astoria stormed into the room with a big grin on her face. "You will never guess who asked me to the Yule Ball!"

The Yule Ball. How could I forget about that.

"Neville?" Daphne laughed.

"Neville is actually nice." I defended him. Something I could absolutely not stand was people making fun of others.

"No silly, it was Malfoy!" she shrieked in joy.

Malfoy? As in Draco Malfoy?

I felt a twinge of jealousy and I stood out of the hospital bed. "Careful y/n." Pansy said whilst she threw my arm over her shoulders. We walked back to the Slytherin Dormitory in silence.

-

The next day flew by quickly. Draco didn't show up in any of our classes. He was probably shagging girls.

I still couldn't believe he asked Astoria to the ball. What was he trying to do? Does he really like her or is it one of his pathetic plans again?

My mind wandered to Draco when suddenly I ran into Blaise.

"Y/n! What are you doing here?" he asked as we stood in the Entrance Hall.

"I was just heading to our dormitory. Sorry, I didn't mean to- I'll go." I said, making my way to the stairs, but he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Is everything alright y/n? You seem stressed." He brought his hand to my cheek and started caressing it. How would Malfoy's hands feel?

Fuck. Why am I thinking about Draco right now?

I cursed myself for getting lost in my thoughts again. I looked up to Blaise. His face was dangerously close to mine, his hot breath against my forehead.