chapter 2

Y/N POV

Everything was sorted and now I'm going to my dorm to sort things out, as I walked into my room, I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw a girl with porcelain pale skin, bright blue eyes, and dark brown hair.

"Look where you're going! You almost messed up my hair." she yelped. I didn't know what to do so I just stood there, with her blue eyes staring into my soul.

"Astoria" she looked at me expectantly. I was about to open my mouth as someone else bumped into me.

"Daphne!" Astoria shrieked. Her hair was definitely a mess now. I looked up to the blonde-haired girl. She looked so much like Astoria.

Daphne smiled and pulled me in an embrace. "I suppose you're our new roommate. I'm Daphne and that's my sister Astoria, who you've already met." I smiled and hugged her back.

"My name is y/n. y/n Aveline." I smirked proudly. It's a privilege to be a member of such a rich and successful family like mine.

Astoria rolled her eyes and started unpacking her stuff.

"Don't pay attention to her, she's not in a good mood today," Daphne reassured me.

I sighed and started unpacking my things as well. This was going to be a long year.

-

As I stepped into the dining room, I heard a familiar voice. "Oh look, it's the new Slytherin," Malfoy announced when all faces turned to me.

He took dangerous steps towards me with three boys following him. "This is y/n Aveline." He spoke as he turned to his friends, "Don't talk to her, she's nothing but a worthless slut."

My cheeks flushed with rage. "How dare you to talk to me like that?" I hissed angrily. His three bodyguards started laughing which made me angrier.

"Leave her alone, Draco." a brown-haired girl said.

Malfoy rolled his eyes. "Let's go boys," he said, "let's not waste our time on worthless people."

They walked away, but one of them turned around and winked at me.

"I think Blaise has a little crush on you." the girl spoke as she walked next to me.

I put my hand on her shoulder to thank her for standing up for me, but she shrugged it off.

"Just because I helped you with that ferret, doesn't mean that you can touch me," she said as she started walking away.

I blinked a few times, processing what was happening. This girl was definitely the definition of bipolar, but I wasn't complaining because I was too.

She stopped and turned around.
"I'm Pansy, by the way."

-

I walked into Professor Snape's class. I saw Luna pointing at the seat next to her.

"Good morning, Luna." I smiled as I took a place next to her.

"Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?" she asked. I looked at her confusingly.

"Well...you s-" I trying to say, but Professor Snape interrupted me with his low voice.

"y/n Aveline. Our new student," he spoke as he stood in front of me, his eyes burning on my skin.

I looked away, Luna already told me he was scary, but I didn't expect this.

"The only reason that she's in Slytherin is because of her filthy mother." I heard Malfoy saying. The whole class started laughing.

"If I were you I would keep my mouth shut before I hex you," I said as I looked into his eyes.

"Silence!" professor Snape yelled. My gaze shifted away from him, but I heard him saying a few last words.

"You're not getting away with this, you worthless slut."

-

I was walking with Luna to our next class, but suddenly I realized I forgot my book for Professor Moody's class. Normally, I couldn't care less, but since he was the new Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, I really didn't want to get into any trouble.

"Luna, I forgot my books. I'll get them quick, you can go without me." I smiled.

"Are you sure y/n? I can walk with you. That's what friends are for." the Ravenclaw told me. I shook my head and told her that I'll be fine.

As I was walking to the Slytherin dorm, I heard Malfoy's voice calling me.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" he spat as he walked towards me. I rolled my eyes.

"Do you really think you're intimidating, Draco?" I scoffed and kept walking. My words seemed to irritate him, and I smirked to myself. He's messing with the wrong girl.

"It's Malfoy to you, besides, who told you that my name is Draco? I suppose you're stalking me." He said with a cocky grin.

I laughed in disbelief. "Seriously? Me stalking you? Don't flatter yourself." I said as I walked to the room that I shared with the Greengrass sisters.

"So how do you know my name?" he asked as he walked behind me. I smiled and turned around. "Pansy told me. It seems to me that I'm not the only one you're bothering."

"Aha, Parkinson. She probably gave you the wrong impression, she isn't who you think she is." he scolded as he walked closer to me.

"Piss off, Malfoy." I tried to say, but I could barely bring any words out since his face was so close to me.

"Don't play any games with me, you will regret it y/n," he whispered and left me there. I shook my head angrily and hurried to my class.