Chapter 19

I strutted down the path to Hogsmeade with Astoria, Daphne, and Pansy in tow. They had woken me up at the crack of dawn to go get dressed for the Yule ball, something that I'd completely forgotten about.

Astoria was asked by Draco a while ago, and just recently Pansy was asked by Blaise. Daphne was going to ask Theo later, and we all knew he was going to say yes.  I asked Cedric who also said yes meaning all of us were going to have a date to the ball.

"Look, Y/N!" Astoria squealed from behind me. "The dresses are gorgeous."

I turned around to look through the store window she was talking about, and was taken aback. She wasn't exaggerating, the dresses were stunning.

We walked into the shop and I immediately felt overwhelmed. Sequins, bright colors, and glitter from dresses and suits alike jumped at me from all directions.

"Come on girls, let's get shopping," Pansy smirked. "Meet up by the dressing rooms when you find a dress and we can have a fashion show."

Everyone agreed and split up, determined not to be out shown by the others dresses. My feet led me to a rack of beautiful green dresses, each one better than the last. My eyes quickly landed on a stunning emerald dress. It was a floor length ballroom gown, silk texture with a long slit going down my right leg. It was absolutely gorgeous, I couldn't wait to wear it.

I found one in my size and went to meet the other girls at the dressing rooms. I was the first one back, so I seated myself on one of the couches and waited.

While I waited I couldn't stop thinking about Cedric and how cute he was when I asked him. I couldn't wait to see him at the ball. But I couldn't help to remember Draco's face when I asked him, he looked so angry but upset at the same time like he asked Astoria, if he wanted to ask me, he should have done ages ago.

But I shouldn't think about him, I'm going with Cedric and I'm gonna enjoy my time and who knows maybe there will be something there.

It will be fine.

Right?

Taking myself away from my thoughts, the girls came out and we all went in and got changed into the dresses.

I modeled first, showing off my dress I picked out earlier. They all showered me in compliments, Astoria in particular.

Astoria went next, coming out of the dressing room in a jaw-dropping gown

Astoria went next, coming out of the dressing room in a jaw-dropping gown. It was nude colored and showered in jewels. It had a plunging neckline, and a deep slit in the bottom.

Just when we thought the dresses couldn't get better, Daphne walked out

Just when we thought the dresses couldn't get better, Daphne walked out. Her top half was adorned in an intricate jewel design, while the rest of her dress was made of a light tulle material.

 Her top half was adorned in an intricate jewel design, while the rest of her dress was made of a light tulle material

Finally Pansy exited the dressing rooms, coming out in a simple navy dress. It was shorter than the rest of ours, barely extending past the knees. It has a lace covering on her chest, with a sweetheart neckline.

We all agreed that all our dresses were amazing and that we were wearing it for the ball

We spent a good ten minutes ooing and ahing over each other's gowns before we changed back into our regular clothes.

We decided to stop for lunch in one of the pubs, which was crowded with students. I could spot a platinum blond head in the crowd, which I decided to ignore for now. I didn't want to deal with him right now, and especially not in front of his date to the upcoming ball.

Me and the girls ordered our drinks, talked about our dresses and dates and other random stuff, payed and went back to school.

But I couldn't help notice that the whole time in the pub, there were 2 piercing grey eyes staring at me.

We made our way back, said our goodbye to Pansy, put away our dresses, said our goodnights and went to bed dreaming about the upcoming Yule ball.