chapter 1

Y/N POV

Everyone was in a rush while I was trying to hold my books which felt like carrying a pack of rocks. It would have been my 6th year if I was still in France and going to Beauxbatons, but the years were different in Hogwarts so it was my 5th year.

I reached the Hogwarts Express and boarded. It seemed like they separated the classes and every year had 3 compartments. Well, the first years had 2 since they were so little.

I moved forward looking at each compartment trying to figure out what year the students are. For such a big fancy school they really should consider finding someone to guide the new students. Several minutes later, after walking like some stupid duck on the train, I found where the 5th years sat.

My house was already sorted in the summer, along with some other new students.

"SLYTHERIN!" the hat yelled the moment I sat on the chair as if it didn't even have to think and just knew. Slytherin was the bad house, it was obvious considering the looks I was getting from other students. Every wizarding school had that "bad house" everyone was so scared of. Teachers constantly tell students that discrimination and prejudice are bad. I guess this saying ends when every Slytherin student is considered a murderer. I wasn't ashamed of being sorted into Slytherin. Besides, green looks good on me.

The train was about to move, and I was still looking for a place to sit, but there was always a problem. Either every compartment was full, or I was getting weird looks from other houses thinking that they are better than me because of my house. I was this close to going to sit with the first years since they are the least judgemental of all, and they wouldn't bother me out of fear. While I was about to change compartments, this girl with shiny blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes tapped me on my shoulder. She was wearing a blue skirt that matched perfectly with her eyes and a pink coat.

"What do you think about Phoenixes?" she asked with her sweet voice.

"I find them interesting," I answered surprised at the question that she asked someone she doesn't even know. But there was something about her that just made me feel comfortable.

"I hope one day I'll be qualified enough to pet one," she said with an inhale.

"Would you like to sit with me?" she said pointing at a compartment full of magazines that had some pictures of different creatures.

Her name was Luna. She told me about herself, and I told her about how I transferred to Hogwarts from France because of my family's business. My family was in the wine business which provides wine all over the wizarding world. My family had connections and people knew the Aveline's. The conductor said that we were arriving at Hogwarts when I heard some loud noises coming from the other compartments. The doors opened and a tall figure appeared in front of me just when I was about to leave. He was standing in front of the compartment doors which blocked me from leaving.

"Oh look what we have here," he said leaning against the door.

"You call yourself Slytherin but sit with a Ravenclaw. They really lowered the standards at this filthy school."

"Pathetic," he spat.

That little smirk on his face was enough to make me infuriated at him. I was a real Slytherin and a pureblood, I wasn't gonna let some blond boost his ego by insulting me.

"Well, I am not the one who is trying to insult someone that just came to this school. I'm a Slytherin and the Sorting Hat decided that not you," I said. He's wrong if he thinks he can judge me according to the person I'm sitting with.

"I only see one pathetic person in this room and that's you," I said

The smirk on his face dropped with my last sentence. He looked angry.

"I think you have a problem comprehending who I am," He said.

"Malfoy."

I knew about the Malfoy's they were also a rich pureblood family, the richest maybe, but I didn't care about which family had the most money, this wasn't some board game. However, the Wizarding World was like Monopoly, and whoever had the most money won.

The Aveline's and Malfoy's didn't like each other, it was just a fact of life. They were the leading families and they had competed for years. My family would want me to be on good terms with them since they didn't want any problems with the Malfoy's.

Of course, I was gonna do the opposite of that because that sounded like absolutely no fun.

"Aveline, Y/n Aveline."

The disgusted look on his face changed. He lifted his eyebrows and stared at me with cold, intrigued eyes.

"I would watch my little attitude If I were you, Aveline."

"You wouldn't wanna be on bad terms with me now would you?" He said.

"Likewise Malfoy," I said lifting my chin high, looking directly at his face.

"Likewise..."