Chapter 39

"You said it" His eyes lit up and a smile grew on his face. He hugs me intently.

I'm sorry for what I'm about to do.

He breaks off the hug, "Took you long enough" he smirked. I laughed awkwardly, trying to sound as natural as I could

I could feel my eyes tearing up, but knowing he loves me as much as I love him, that means he'll wait for me....right? Oh please Draco wait for me, don't give up on me. I'll find a way out of this but I can't right now.

I needed to break his heart. To keep my secret. I need to.

"I feel like I'm invincible." He laughs, "Say it again" He smiles holding my hands.

"I love you too" I say smiling, I can feel my heart breaking.

"Again!" He demands.

"Again?" I chuckle as I ask.

"Say you love me darling, I wanna hear it again" I give him a look and he rolls his eyes, "...please.."

"I love you" I smile into a laugh.

"Again"

"Draco" I say, looking down at my shoes. This hurts so much but I want to forget about everything else and enjoy the moment.

"I love when you say my name, again!"

"I love you Draco" I laugh a bit, I'll let this continue for a bit.

"Again" He asks, looking me up and down like an eager puppy.

"I love you" I giggle as he kisses me.

I've never seen him happier, and I've never felt more horrible that I'll have to put him on hold until my deal is done. I can't tell him now, but I can't

"I love you too y/n" He says before kissing me once more.

"I love saying that, I want to scream it from the rooftops that I lo-" He begins to yell but I cover his mouth.

"Stop." I said seriously and panicked, which confused him. I can feel his smile fade underneath my hands. I take my hand off quickly and walk away.

"Y/n?" He asks as he grabs my arm, "What did I do wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing, you're perfect" I say tears forming in my eyes, "It's me that's the issue" I look away from his eye line.

"Hey, hey, hey, whatever's wrong I can help" He says wiping a loose tear.

I just shake my head. "Come on darling, you can tell me anything."

"Xander-" I begin but he cuts me off.

"I'm going to kill that son of a bitch" He starts at the door.

"NO, NO DRACO STOP" I yell and grab his arm.

For once in his life he stops to listen to me, but his fingers are still clenched in fists. "Mhm" He says impatiently.

"You can't beat him up, trust me I really want you to, but you can't." I say trying to reason with him.

"What has he done to you" Draco says lovingly stroking my cheek.

"He's blackmailed me." I finally told him the truth. "But I can get out of it, If you do anything, then the blackmail will be used."

"What does he have on you?" He asks, still ready to pounce.

"I can't tell you that." I say fast, almost too fast for his liking.

Immediately he questions me, but I don't say anything. "Answer me!" Draco yells after a while of guessing while I sat there looking out the window blankly.