Chapter 63

There he stood. The boy I loved more than anything in the world. His face that was contorted with rage as he stood over Nott softened as soon as we locked eyes, and I flung myself at him, his arms enclosing around me tighter than ever as both we held each other.

"I've waited 274 days for this" he mumbled into my hair as he held me close to him.

"Thank god you're ok."

"I'm fine" he pulled away, placing both hands on my shoulders as he examined my broken nose, purple rings around my eyes, bruises on my arms and the words engraved on my hand. "But you on the other hand. Who the hell did this go you? Was it him? I'll kill him!" He turned and went over to where Nott was beginning to stir and went to reach for his wand when I touched his arm gently, shaking my head.

"It wasn't him, he's been protecting me, like you asked. Until today at least."

"What? I didn't ask him to do anything."

I felt a sudden urge to throw up as I digested the words.

"What? He said you made him make an unbreakable vow to protect me!"

"Stupid Greenwood. You were whining over lover boy so much that it was almost too easy to get you to believe my little story. It wasn't Yaxley at the wedding that saw you with the wand, it was my father. Why would I, an invisible Slytherin suddenly become head boy? Because the dark lord made it so of course. You think you've been one step of him this whole time, when really he's been five steps ahead of you." Nott was clutching his head in pain, but his eyes burned into me, the pride in fooling me evident on his face as he sent me a smug smile.

"You're dead Nott." Draco seized his wand and prepared himself to hex him when I stopped him, taking the elder wand out from my robes.

"I've got this." Raising the wand I looked Nott dead in the eyes.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Nott's body suddenly stiffened and I grabbed Draco's hand, taking him with me as I sprinted off down the corridor. The first empty classroom we found I dragged him into, and shut the door behind us, firmly locking it.

"You should have let me finish him off" Draco's face was red with rage, but I cut him off by pressing my lips to his.

"Suppose I could kill him later" he mumbled against my lips, as he hooked his hands around my thighs, and I jumped, wrapping my legs around him as he carried me over to the nearest desk and laid me down on it, climbing on top of me. The familiar feeling of love and pleasure flooded through my body as Draco laid kisses on my neck, a feeling I hadn't felt in a long time.

"Wait wait wait I need to tell you something" Draco had just finished taking off my shirt when he pulled away, but I hooked my hand around the back of his neck and pulled him back towards me.

"Belle, I'm serious." I ignored him, our lips still crashing together.

"Harry's been seen in Hogsmeade".

At last I pulled away.

"What?"

"Just a little while ago, the dark lord is on his way too. I managed to get in through the protective enchantments, I am technically still a student here after all."

"I need to tell the others."

"You need to hide is what you need to do. The first thing he's going to do when he gets here is come straight for you to get that wand, he's got no chance without it, he knows Harry has destroyed nearly all the horcruxes."

"Everyone will be in the room of requirement, I'll be safe in there."

"Belle, promise me you won't come out unless absolutely necessary. Please I can't lose you."

"You aren't coming with me?"

"No, I need to.....go and have a word with Nott."

He gave me one last kiss before he headed back towards the bathroom, wand in hand. I ran up to the room of requirement and once I was in I turned to face the others.

"Harry's been seen  in Hogsmeade."

Everyone jumped up at once, some gasping, some cheering.

"But that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to come here, just prepare yourselves for that."

"Dont speak so soon Tori, look!" Neville pointed at the painting of Ariana Dumbledore, who was beckoning us forward. As we reached her the frame swung open to reveal the passage that leads to the Hog's Head.

"I think she wants someone to go through."

"Tori you should go!"

Neville turned to face me. "I'll go with you, I'm not having you go alone."

"Ok." Grateful for his help, we headed into the tunnel. It seemed to go on forever, like it was never ending, when finally we saw the portrait at the other end swing open to reveal 3 people that we knew all too well.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes Harry Potter."

He beamed back at me.

"What happened to you?"

"Let's not worry about that, now come on."

Holding out my hand, I helped the three of them into the tunnel and together we headed back to the room of requirement. As soon as the portrait swung open again, the crow erupted into cheers at the sight of Harry Ron and Hermione.

"Lightning has struck, I repeat, lightning has struck."

"Com on Harry where have you been?"

"Does this mean you-know-who is coming?"

Voices were echoing around the room as everyone clamoured around Harry for information when Ginny ran in.

After the initial shock and joy of seeing Harry, her face fell and she said "Snape's ordered an emergency assembly."

Just as we scrambled together to put our robes on, I felt a tug on my arm and I felt myself being embraced by Harry.

"You have no idea how worried I've been about you."