Chapter 9

Harry had been glued to my side all week since I told him to take me to the Yule ball. Every class he sat protectively next to me, he was always there at the dinner table and we studied together every night in the common room. We weren't a couple, we were only friends, but we both had a mutual liking for each other but didnt know how to deal with our feelings.

If this was Malfoy we wouldn't have to worry about who would make the first move, it would just come naturally, with Harry it was......harder. He was a lot more shy and awkward, he didn't seem to know what he was doing, but I still had butterflies in my stomach whenever he was around. His messy brown hair and blue eyes, damn those baby blues get me every time. I had everything yet I still felt incomplete, and I knew exactly why. With Malfoy it was so wrong, yet so right, so passion filled and exciting. But I knew he would never date me so I was trying to distance myself from him. This wasn't turning out to be a problem, he hadn't turned up to our last 2 study lessons since finding out me and Harry would be going to the ball together and he didn't try to catch my attention in class anymore, simply turning his attention back to torturing Neville.

Today was the day of the first Triwizard tournament challenge. Harry had told me that it involved dragons. He was putting on a brave front and acting like all was ok, but I knew deep down it was all an act. Even though I wasn't allowed to, I headed over to the champion's tent just before the challenge begun and hid behind the curtain. I saw him through the mesh and whispered his name, to which he looked around confused before realising where I was stood.

"Tori?"

"How are you feeling?"

I heard him take a deep breath. "Ok I guess"

"Don't lie to me."

"Ok, terrified."

"You'll be fine, I promise, I'll be right there supporting you."  That's when I pulled back the curtain and pulled him into me. He enveloped his hands around me, and I nestled my head in the crook of his neck. I pulled away and saw the worry on his eyes and decided now was a better moment than any. I leaned in and gently placed my lips on his. He tasted sweet, and minty and he kissed me back gently, almost as if he didn't want to hurt me. I placed my hand on the back of his neck to pull him in closer to me and he placed a hand gently on my face, stroking my cheek with his thumb. We pulled away just in time, as Dumbledore entered the tent to begin the challenge. I gave Harry a smile and headed up to the stands to cheer him on.

Watching him was terrifying. I didn't know what I felt for him but seeing him get hurt almost felt like it was hurting me too, and I felt like I barely took a breath the whole time. Hermione didn't stop shouting the whole time, and I was so grateful for her telling to him to use his wand and accio his broom, otherwise I don't know what he would have done. Eventually he swooped down and snatched the golden egg and the whole crowd erupted in cheers, my stomach doing backflips as I realised how proud of him I was. Everything seemed like it was perfect, that was until I looked over and saw Malfoy staring at me, his face full of thunder.

Later, at the celebration party everyone was all over Harry, getting him to open the egg, only to hear it screeching, deafening half the castle, and dancing merrily. I took a seat in one of the cosy armchairs in front of the fire and watched the scenes in front of me unfold, exhausted from the events of the day. I was over the moon about Harry completing the challenge, but something was wrong and I couldn't put me finger on it, it was a feeling deep in the pit of my stomach which I had been feeling ever since I saw Malfoy. I was interrupted out of my thoughts when Harry sat down next to me.

"Everything ok?" He asked, frowning a little.

"Just tired. And so proud of you."

He blushed. "Thanks Tori, oh god that's Ron, I better go talk to him"

"Sure you go, I'll be fine here."

I sighed. It's almost as if Harry didn't remember we kissed today, he didn't acknowledge it at all! Maybe he just wasn't into me? With my head feeling fuzzy, I decided to head out for a walk.

My favourite place to clear my head was the astronomy tower, it was so high up it almost felt like my problems couldn't reach me up there. I climbed the steps, humming to myself softly, when I got to the top to see I wasn't alone. I stopped humming immediately.

"Don't let me stop you."

"What are you doing up here Malfoy?"

"Sorry, didn't realise you owned the tower."

"I just asked a question. I'll just go."

"No!" He said, almost desperately. "I'm bored and you can keep me company."

I sat down on the edge and he sat beside me, sitting closer to me than Harry ever dared to sit.

"So why are you up here? Didn't your little boyfriend want to celebrate with you?"

"He's not my boyfriend, and he's got a lot of people that want to talk to him."

"The life of dating a celebrity. You'll never be a priority."

"I'm not dating him."

"Does he kiss you like I do?"

"What?"

Draco was looking at me, his eyes lit up by both the moonlight and hunger. "I said", he moved so he was at my ear, "does he kiss you like I do", he softly placed his lips on my neck and I closed my eyes.

"I'm waiting for your answer Greenwood."

"You'll be waiting a long time."

"Just say the word and I'll stop, and you can go back to golden boy."

"I think we both know you can't stop."

He moved his hand so it was resting on my thigh as he turned his whole body to face me, our lips just inches away from each other. "But what about you? Can you stop Greenwood?"

I grabbed his jumper and pulled him into me, our lips crashing together. He instantly moved his hand so it was around my neck as he squeezed with just the right amount of pressure to make me let out a moan. "There's my answer" he whispered softly as he kissed me again, and I opened my mouth slightly so he could connect his tongue with mine. His hand slid further and further up my thigh until it was resting just where I wanted it to be.

"Do you want me to stop Greenwood?" he asked, knowing we both couldn't even if we wanted to.

I shook my head, not even being able to speak.

"Good girl", he whispered as he moved my underwear to the side and slowly inserted a finger inside of me. I let out a moan and the corners of his lips turned up in a smile as he stared at me intently, changing the speed. My whole body felt like it was on fire and I leaned forward so I could plant as many kisses as I possibly could on his neck, my moans vibrating against his skin. Eventually he pulled out and I took a deep breath, unable to put a sentence together.

"And that's only a taster of what you would get if you were mine."