Chapter 15

"Nervous?" Harry asked as we stood underneath the stands full of roaring students ready for the first Quidditch match of the season.

"Me? Never" I said, letting out a shaky laugh, to which Harry just squeezed my hand tighter. We were playing Slytherin and to be honest I wasn't nervous about playing my first ever game of Quidditch, I was nervous because Malfoy was on the team and I knew we wouldn't be able to avoid each other when we're playing against each other. It had been a week since the black lake task and we had done everything in our power to stay away from each other. If one of us was in the great hall, the other would get up and leave, and in class he managed to switch seats so he was as far away from me as possible.

I pushed all thoughts of Malfoy out of my head as I mounted my broom and flew up into my starting position. Fred and George shot me a thumbs up from across the pitch and Harry sent me a determined nod. I let out a shaky breath and tried to focus on my task. Get the quaffle and score, don't worry about anything else.

The whistle blew and off we went. I saw the quaffle and dived for it, scooping it up and holding it tightly to stop anyone taking it. Warrington and Flint were suddenly on either side of me, and I swooped down sharply to get out of their grip and saw the Slytherin goal right in front of me, and threw it straight through the centre hoop. "GREENWOOD SCORES HER FIRST GOAL FOR GRYFFINDOR, PUTTING THEM IN THE LEAD AT 10 POINTS TO ZERO!" I grinned to myself as I made a dive for the quaffle again, spotting Fred knock a bludger out of the way that was directed straight at me. I scored another goal just 2 minutes later, and the crowd roared, spurring me on. Suddenly the heavens opened and i was soaked through, struggling to see in the thick fog that accompanied the hammering rain. I saw a flash of blonde hair and knew exactly who it was, shortly followed by Harry, they must have spotted the snitch. Everything that came next was a blur. George shouted something that I couldn't hear, and suddenly a bludger came straight at me, made contact with my head and knocked me off my broom. All I remember was spinning through the air before hitting the ground with a thud and blacking out.

I woke up a few hours later in the hospital wing. The entire team was crowded around my bed, covered head to toe in mud,  much like I was.

"Hey you, how you feeling?" I heard a voice and looked to my right to see Harry sitting next to the bed, holding my hand.

"I've been better" I said, attempting to sit up, but wincing and clutching my head lying back down instead.

"That was a nasty bump to the head you took" said Fred.

"And then another bump when you hit the floor" added George.

"Who won?" I asked.

"We suspended the match, Flint tried to make us forfeit but Dumbledore just said we can have a rematch when you're all  better", Harry rubbed my hand softly, his eyes full of concern.

"We'll leave you to it Tori, glad you're ok." The rest of the team left, all except Harry who stayed until Madam Pomfrey made him go and shower.

After a short nap I woke up and decided to look at the gifts people had got me. There were freshly picked flowers from Hermione, chocolate frogs from the twins, and a small gift bag that I'm sure wasn't there earlier. I picked it up and pulled out a note.

To celebrate your first Quidditch game.
Get well soon.

I picked a small box out of the bag and saw a bracelet with my name and number engraved on it. I slipped it on, still no idea who got it for me, and it fit perfectly. I picked up a chocolate frog and ate my way through all the sweets I had been given until sleep consumed me again.