Chapter 31

"You three go, I'll go and get the others!" I shouted as Harry, Ron and Hermione sprinted up the grand staircase to Umbridge's office. I ran back into the courtyard to go and find the other members of the DA and just as I was about to yell Luna's name I felt a hand grab my wrist.

"Going somewhere?" It was Umbridge. Her hair was a mess and her face, that was giving me a manic smile, was covered in soot.

"Just looking for Luna."

"Interesting. Perhaps you'd like to accompany me to my office?"

"I'm ok thanks."

"It wasn't an option." Her face suddenly got extremely close to mine and she said "don't think I don't know what you're up to Miss Greenwood." She called over Crabbe and Goyle, Goyle grabbed hold of me and said "you're in for it now, halfblood." Just as he began to laugh hysterically I felt him pushed aside and a new person now had hold of me. I knew those cold, soft hands well. Draco.

"Can't leave you alone for two minutes for can I Greenwood? Always getting yourself in trouble."

"Draco, if you care about me at all you will let me go."

"You know I can't do that Greenwood."

I was dragged up to Umbridges office, with Neville, Ginny, Cho and Luna, who had also been caught. Harry was in there with Ron and Hermione and looked frantic as Umbridge slammed him into a chair and began to interrogate him. Draco still had hold of me, but where everyone else was being held tightly by their captors, Draco was simply playing with my fingers behind my back.

"You were going to Dumbledore weren't you" Umbridge said.

"No" Harry answered, and Umbridge slapped him across the face, hard, making me wince. That's when the strangest thing happened, Draco felt me tense up and immediately began to rub his thumb against the back of my hand, almost like he was comforting me.

Snape then entered the office full of people and Umbridge mentioned about veritaserum, the truth serum, and I held my breath. Snape simply answered with "I do not have any left in my supplies, you used the last of it on miss Chang."

"Well then, the cruiciatus curse ought to loosen his tongue."

Hermione practically squealed, and Snape's eyes fell on me. "Not so fast Professor, I happen to have a rather gifted potions student, Miss Greenwood I'm sure will be able to make some in less than an hour. Malfoy, take her to the potions classroom and watch her."

Draco grabbed my hands and began to lead me out of the office. I shot a desperate look at Harry, who was still nursing his cheek, and before I knew what I was doing I grabbed the bag of puking pastilles out of my pocket and dropped them on the floor.

"Sorry, emergency sweet supply." I said as I left, knowing full well that Crabbe and a Goyle would be on them in less than a minute.

As soon as we were in the potions classroom Draco came over to me and examined me, his eyes full of worry.

"Are you ok? She didn't do anything to you did she?"

I turned away from him. "I'm fine."

"I'm not making you do that potion, just please explain to me what's going on."

"Did you just say please?" I turned to look at him in bewilderment.

"Don't get used to it. Tell me what's going on."

"I don't know if I can."

Suddenly he grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes. "Belle, you can trust me, you can 100% trust me. I've never been more sure of anything in my life than my feelings for you, goddamn it, if you had any idea of the things you do to me, the amount of times I've had to push you away and try to make you hate me because I shouldn't love you-"

"Did you just say you love me?"

"Yes. I am truly, madly, ridiculously in love with you Victoria Belle Greenwood, and there's nothing I can do about it."

I let out a shaky breath and he scanned my face, looking for me to say something.

"Please say something." He said, his voice almost a whisper.

"Words are overrated." I answered and crashed my lips against his, which he gladly accepted and grabbed my waist, pushing me until my back hit the stone wall. This wasn't like any other kiss we have had, this was full of more passion and hunger than ever before, our tongues working in unison, our bodies pressed so close against each other that we were practically one person. Draco pinned my arms against the wall so he had full control, and placed his lips on my neck in the exact spot he knows is my weakest. As I let out a moan I felt him smirk as his teeth made contact with my skin. As we eventually pulled away, breathless, he looked at me with small beads of sweat beginning to form on his forehead and said "do you have any idea how hard it has been to not do that to you for the last few weeks. Now what the bloody hell is going on."

I told him everything, all about the DA, about Harry's dreams and how he had seen Sirius being tortured to get the prophecy that Voldemort wanted for some reason. Draco didn't give me a reason not to trust him, and reassured me that none of this would leave the room.

"I need to go to the ministry, now."

"Belle it's dangerous."

"You can't stop me Draco."

"Well then I'm coming with you." I looked at him in disbelief. "You are?" He swallowed hard and nodded.

We ran out of the gates to the castle, being careful not to be seen, luckily it was dark and Umbridge didn't seem to be around and Draco said to me "hold on, tight." I grabbed his waist and he snaked his arms around me as we disapparated. We landed with a thump and I staggered slightly, feeling queasy. Draco grabbed my arm and helped to steady me.

We heard shouting coming from the distance and Draco grabbed my hand, and held it tight. I illuminated my wand and looked at him.

"Just in case we die tonight, I love you too by the way."