Chapter 37

"URGH" I groaned as I sat on my bed, surrounded by test papers I was supposed to be marking. It had been a month since my outburst at Draco, and instead of feeling better, I felt worse than ever. My insides felt empty as I craved to help him, but he had pushed me as far away as he possibly could. Exhausted, I went to head down to the common room when I heard voices.

"She's been crying every night, she waits until she thinks we're all asleep and then she lets it out, she's really not ok." It was Hermione's voice.

"I'll talk to her" I heard Harry say, and that's when I heard the portrait door open and one person exit. I went down the stone steps leading into the cosy common room and was met by a concerned Harry.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah" I said, with a fake smile as a flopped into one of the armchairs. Harry came and sat in the chair opposite me and leaned forward.

"Are you really ok?" He asked again.

I hesitated for a moment before I answered. "I know I should let go, but I can't, I just can't Harry."

"And what exactly are you holding onto?"

"The hope that he's really not evil. He opened up to me over the summer, not a lot but he told me he doesn't want to do what his family do, he wants to be an auror."

"He does? But that would mean-"

"Going against his entire family. The Malfoy's are a proud family, he's too scared to do anything that ruins their reputation. But trust me Harry, he doesn't want this."

"What can we do" he asked.

"I don't know. But we need to find out what he's up to, not only so I can figure out a way to help him get out, but so that we stay one step ahead of Voldemort."

"I'll help you follow him. There's a better chance of finding out with us both doing it."

I sighed as I brushed the hair out of my eyes. "Do you ever feel like the universe is giving you all signs in the world not to be with someone, but it only makes you want them more?" We've fought through so much to be together, them when it finally seems perfect, BHAM, he becomes a death eater."

"Maybe it's the universe testing you, finding out if you're really willing to fight for each other."

"Well I am, I don't know about him. All he's done is push me away."

"Maybe he's pushed you away to protect you. I told you last year that I can see how in love with you he is, that hasn't changed, he still looks at you that way."

"I just don't know what to do Harry."

He leaned closer to me and put a hand in mine. "Listen to what your heart is telling you." He said.

"Do you think they're proud of us?" I asked Harry and his face softened.

"I hope so. I really miss Sirius."

"I miss him too. He's the only person to have ever told me about my dad. If it was up to my mum I wouldn't even be at Hogwarts, I'd be sat in my room, in Brighton reading spells for beginners. But it was Sirius who convinced her to let me come to Hogwarts, and now I feel more connected to dad than I ever have."

"And you're more powerful than ever before, not only potions, but your charms are incredible."

"I've been working hard, I want to be prepared for anything."

"Good. Hey maybe we'll be godparents to each other's kids one day"

"Maybe we will, that's if my boy.....ex boyfriend starts speaking to me again, or I'll end up like Filch, with a cat." Harry chuckled before saying "so it's really over then?"

I looked down. "I don't know. Neither one of us officially ended it, but in his eyes we've been broken up since the end of summer."

"Well, change his mind. Come on Greenwood, we've fought dark wizards, are we really going to let relationships get us down?"

"Go on then Potter, who have you got your eye on, spill the beans!" I looked at him with intrigue as he blushed.

"Ginny." He whispered and I gasped.

"Yeah you're really in trouble liking your best friend's sister! Look at us, me and a deatheater, you trying to become your best friend's brother in law, we really need help!"

"Growing up is so much fun isn't it" he said and I grinned.

"Thanks Harry, I needed this"

"You know I'm always here for you Greenwood, no matter what"

"Cheers Potter, now if you'll excuse me I have 50 more test papers to mark." I headed back upstairs after a hug from Harry and grabbed the pile of papers I had left. I sifted through them until I saw one from the sixth year class. It had a drawing on, of the astronomy tower, and a gravestone at the bottom with flowers all around it. I looked at the name and my heart dropped to my stomach.

It was Draco's.

It was as if my legs took over from my body and before I knew it I was sprinting to the tower. Taking deep shaky breaths I headed up the stairs to find him, standing at the very edge of the tower, his hair blowing in the wind.

"DONT!"