Chapter 24

"I'm worried about him Tori", Ron whispered to me at breakfast the next morning. "He woke up screaming in the middle of the night, he's not himself"

"Yeah I've noticed he's definitely not himself. What can we do?"

"I wish I knew."

He grabbed a piece of toast and took a big bite, looking worriedly at Harry, who was sat staring into space. He hadn't spoken to me all morning, and he still didn't speak to me when we got to our first lesson, Defence Against the Dark Arts. I walked in and saw Draco slumped over, asleep at his desk and nudged him as I walked past, making him raise his head from the table to glare at me. I sat down next to Harry and didn't even look at him, I just focused my attention on the paper bird that was being flown around the room.

"Sorry about last night." He finally said, his eyes meeting mine and then looking away.

"What's going on with you? I'm worried about you Harry."

"Please don't worry about me, I'll be ok."

I was about to open my mouth to speak again when the paper bird descended in a ball of flames onto the desk, as Umbridge giggled to herself lightly as she walked through the classroom.

"Here we go", I heard Ron whisper.

She went on to explain about the OWLs that we would be sitting this year, and dished out textbooks. "Basics for beginners?" Harry whispered and we looked at each other, eyebrows raised.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells?" Hermione asked.

Umbridge giggled again and I felt Harry tense up in his seat.

"Using spells? Well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom. You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk free environment." That was all Harry needed to set him off.

"What use is that? If we're going to be attacked it won't be risk free?"

"Students will raise their hands if they wish to speak in my class."

Harry was almost shaking with rage next to me and I placed my hand on his knee to steady him, which he brushed off. Annoyed, I opened my book to try and drown out the argument he had begun with Umbridge when I felt eyes looking at me. I turned around to see Draco staring at me, this time not glaring. He must have seen what Harry just did and he must have loved that. His eyes softened before looking back at what was going on with Harry and Umbridge.

"Voldemort killed him!" I heard Harry scream before Umbridge gave him detention and continued the lesson, making us copy out chapters from the textbook for the rest of the lesson.

That evening in the common room me Ron and Hermione all sat in front of the fire doing our homework, the teachers had stepped up how much they were giving us this year and we already had 4 pieces to do. Just as I was sighing and folding up my charms homework, Harry came in and slumped down on the sofa next to me. I went to hold his hand when he suddenly pulled it away from me. That's when I saw it.

"Harry what is that on your hand", I asked. Hermione closed her book with a snap and examined his bleeding hand, with the words I must not tell lies scratched into it.

I gasped. "Harry you have to tell Dumbledore."

"No." He snapped. "He's got enough on his mind right now."

"The woman's torturing you", Ron added and I froze. Just hearing the word 'torture' sends anger rushing through my body. They may have tortured my father but I will NOT let them torture Harry.

"Harry you've got to report this" Hermione said, looking at how I reacted at what Ron said. "It's simple you're being"

"No Hermione whatever this is it's not simple. You don't understand."

"Clearly." I stood up from the chair, irritated. "Clearly none of us understand you at all Harry. Not a clue" and I walked out of the common room, dodging one of the Weasley twins' fireworks as I left.

I stormed up to the astronomy tower, it's a place I knew I would be alone and could think. Think about everything. Why Harry suddenly didn't tell me anything anymore, why Draco didn't even look at me anymore, why the ministry was interfering at school. One of my questions was about to be answered as I saw the blonde haired boy sat at the top of the tower, leaning against the wall. He looked up when he heard me approaching and looked away.

"What brings you here Greenwood."

"Thought you were going to call me Belle now" I asked, sitting opposite him.

"And I thought you were going to write to me." I looked down, I can't believe with all the craziness of the order that I forgot to write to him. Not that I would have been able to anyway, I couldn't tell him where the location was, I couldn't tell anyone.

"Cat got your tongue?" He said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry I didn't write."

"You promised me."

"I had something come up."

"Like what?"

I sighed and met his grey eyes. "I cant tell you."

He rolled his eyes at me, looking away. "Of course you can't. You know I thought we actually could have been friends Greenwood. But like everyone else you abandon me when Potter comes calling. I'll make things easy for you" and he got up to leave.

"Draco it's not like that. I promise."

"Like I believe your broken promises Greenwood." And he left me, sitting at the top of the tower, feeling more alone than ever.