Chapter 64

I didn't go down to the hall. I waited, with Ginny, Neville, Ron and Hermione in the room of requirement. After Hermione had painfully fixed my broken nose, the portrait swung open and through it came the group of people I had waited months to see, including one person in particular.

"Mum! What are you doing here!!" I threw myself at her, as a warm feeling of comfort and home flooded through my body.

"What? You think I'm too old for a little bit of fighting?" She said.

"She ran rings around us all back in the day, don't underestimate her" the familiar voice of Remus Lupin came from the back of the group. He looked as he always does, except with dark rings around his eyes. He caught me staring as he said "no one tells you how exhausting having a newborn is."

"And we've done it seven times!" Molly and Arthur Weasley, who were hugging Ron and Ginny, joined the conversation.

"We can't wait for you to meet your Godson" Tonks said, as she embraced me in a warm hug.

"All I'm good time, but first we've got business to take care of." Kingsley led the way to the great hall, my mother and I walking hand in hand, with Remus and Tonks keeping close to me.

"Ready to cause some chaos?" Neville said as we heard Harry's voice come from the other side of the doors.

Kingsley burst the doors open, and there Harry was, stood in the centre of the hall, just inches away from a furious looking Snape.

I looked at Remus as everyone took their wands out. I hesitated, but Remus gave me a small nod as if to say it was okay, and I took it out, holding my hand steady as I tried to ignore the gasps from students all around me when they noticed it in my hand. My eyes scanned the room, looking for the one person I wanted to see, but I couldn't spot the ice blonde hair in the crowd, neither could I spot Nott. My stomach turned, but I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of the crowd gasping, and the first spell being fired.

I looked to see none other than McGonagall sending spell after spell at Snape, who was forced backwards by the power being sent at him. I couldn't help but notice that Snape never once sent an attacking spell at McGonagall, which in a strange way confirmed fo me that he really was on our side, and wasn't all that evil, just an incredibly misunderstood person.

As Snape flew out the window, and the lights came on for the first time in a long time in the hall, cheers erupted from everyone, thinking that everything was fine. I knew it was just the beginning.

I heard his voice first. Covering my ears as his words pierced into my soul, sending cold shivers down my spine, I tried to ignore the screams as I listened.

"I know that many of you will want to fight, some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is false. Give me Harry Potter, do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. You have one hour."

"You heard him, someone grab him!" The unmistakable voice of Pansy Parkinson broke the silence that was echoing through the hall. Ginny was the first to step in front of Harry, followed by myself, and then the rest of the order.

"You take Harry, you take all of us." My warning was enough to make anyone thinking of taking Harry to him rethink their decision.

That's when the chaos erupted. Harry went running off to find what he originally came to Hogwarts to get, and defences were put up around the castle.

"Miss Greenwood, how quickly can you make some healing potions? I have a feeling we're going to need lots" Madam Pomfrey asked.

"I'll go right now, mum come with me!" I grabbed my mother's hand as we headed down to the dungeons, closely followed by Remus, who said he wasn't leaving us alone for a second.

"It's been a long time since I've made potions, even easy ones like these" mother said as she speedily added ingredients to her cauldron.

"Not since you taught Victoria I take it?" Remus asked.

"Her very first potion was a healing potion, funny how times change."

"Time really does fly, I remember when we were all at Grimmauld place wondering what Victoria and Harry would turn out like, look at them" he sent me a smile, "two of the best wizards of their time."

"And two of the most wanted. Don't you think it was weird that he never asked for anyone to bring me to him, especially when I have what he wants?" I asked.

"Yes I do think it was weird, which means he has a plan in place. But just remember Victoria, you are powerful with or without that wand, you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because you have your father right beside you, guiding you along."

"And the best mother and godfather anyone could ask for."

I saw tears well up in my mother's eyes as she smiled at me, and Remus gave my shoulder a squeeze.

"Once this is all over, maybe you both would like to come and live with us? It would be nice to have you around Teddy, and we need all the help we can get! I'm going to invite Harry too, I think he'd like that, seeing as he's Teddy's godfather."

"We'd love nothing more."

Just as we bottled the potions to take to the hospital wing, we heard a loud bang and looked out the window to see the shield falling down.

"Well, it's happening. I need to find Tonks." Remus leapt to his feet and sprinted away, and mother looked at me.

"Go find Draco. I'll be fine."