Chapter 47

We landed with a thump on the cold stone floor in the heart of London. People rushed past us, too busy to see the two teenagers that had just landed out of thin air and were crumpled in a heap on the floor.

"Kings Cross ?" I said, confused.

"First place I thought of" Draco answered me, holding his hand out to help me to my feet, not letting go of me for one moment, as if he knew my legs were too weak to hold my body right now.

He looked around for a moment, before saying "This way" he said and we ran, through the busy station that we were at only a few months earlier, but this time we weren't going to Hogwarts.

We jumped onto the first train we saw, sat down and that's when I let the emotion consume me.

"I cant believe I did that, why did I do that" I said, while the tears streamed down my cheeks, soaking my jumper and most of Draco's.

Draco's arm was around me at once, cradling me close to his chest as I sobbed.

"You didn't kill him"

"I might as well have, why did I push him?"

"Shhhh" Draco placed a kiss on my forehead. "Snape killed him, you did nothing. Just like me."

"I knew I had to do something. I couldn't watch you stand there"

"I couldn't bring myself to do it. I couldn't. I'm such a coward."

I sat up and looked into his eyes. "No you're not. You're just not a monster."

"I don't know what to do Belle."

"What do you mean?"

"He said if I didn't do it he'd kill me"

"Well then we don't give him the chance. I can't go back to Hogwarts anyway, so we'll just find somewhere to go."

"We're definitely not going back to Hogwarts."

"Then where?" I asked.

"Paris."

"Paris?"

"You said you wanted to see it, and its the first train I saw. Figured it would be an adventure."

"How do you remember all these things about me? I told you I wanted to go to Paris nearly a year ago now!"

"Because I love you, that's why."

He leant down and pressed a kiss to my lips as the train pulled into the dark tunnel that connected the two countries together.

~

"Belle. Belle we're here." I opened my eyes, still with my head in Draco's lap as his tired eyes looked down at me.

We had no bags so we stepped off the train looking very strange compared to all the people with suitcases, who were heading to the city of love for a weekend of sightseeing and exploring. We were purely there to escape what was happening. These muggles didn't have a clue.

An idea suddenly sprung to my head and I grabbed Draco's hand and we disapparated, landing in a quiet side street still in the centre of the city.

"My mum has an apartment here from when she used to live here, it's still empty so we can stay here and work out what to do tomorrow."

"Ok" was all Draco could say as we fumbled around for the spare key, that was hidden in a plant pot and headed up into the apartment.

It was exactly how mother had described it, cosy yet sophisticated, with windows from the floor to the ceiling and a balcony that looked over the whole city. I stood on the balcony, pulling my jumper closer to me for warmth as I took in the city I had longed to see since I was born. The Eiffel Tower was in clear view, crowded with tourists, and the smell of freshly baked bread filled the air from the bakery across the street.

"Beautiful." I heard in my ear as Draco came to stand behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Isn't it."

"Oh yeah the city. I was talking about you." I turned around to face him, and saw his eyes full of hunger, something I hadn't seen in a long time. He turned around and walked towards the king size bed that room up most of the room.

"You know how I said you were worth more than a potions classroom table? It's because you're worth this", he said, as he sat down on the edge of the red bedspread, looking me up and down as he bit his lip softly.

"Now come here."