Chapter 50

"So, is Paris everything you thought it would be?" Draco asked as we walked along a bridge next to the Eiffel Tower.

"Better."

"Because I'm here of course", he smirked.

"Hmmmm if you say so Malfoy." He let out a chuckle.

"Come on, I think the Louvre is next on the list."

It was the perfect day. Draco had never looked so happy in his life. He had taken off his suit jacket and tie and his hair was fluffy from not being combed down all the time and his face was full of colour again as he smiled from ear to ear. We walked around like we owned the place, our hands constantly intertwined, our lips always searching for each other every few minutes. We stopped off at a little bakery down a side street and in true Paris fashion we dined on croissants while sat at a little round table watching the world go by.

"I could get used to this", Draco said as he took a sip of coffee.

"What, muggle life? You? A boy that didn't even know what muggle money was a year ago?"

"I'm serious! You know I haven't reached for my wand once today, and I don't want to. I like this, I like that no one knows who we are here, we're just two young people in love exploring this city. We could stay here forever and I wouldn't care."

"Except we can't Draco."

I watched as his previously hopeful face fell.

"Why not?"

"They'll come looking, you know they will. As much as I absolutely love this time with you and could get used to it, we both know deep down that we'll have to go back and face it at some point."

He nodded slowly. "But not yet. I don't think I'm ready to let go of this perfect life with you yet."

"Not yet."

"Right come on Greenwood, enough of this soppy talk, let's go see some art that those muggles love." He brushed the crumbs off of his shirt and reached for my hand.

~

"So this is that Lisa woman?" Draco yawned as we stood in the large group of people that were crowded around the painting.

"It's the most famous painting in the muggle world" I told him and he looked thoughtful for a moment before saying, "what's the most famous painting in the wizarding world?"

"Probably the fat lady." We both laughed as Draco took my hand and led me out of the crowd and into a deserted corridor.

"There's no paintings in here?" I questioned, turning to look at Draco, who simply bit his lip.

"I know, no silly tourists to interrupt" he said before crashing his lips into mine. My hand snaked up to its usual spot in Draco's hair as his hands found my waist. The kiss deepened as our tongues danced together, me pressed against the cold stone wall, Draco's body firmly against mine. His hand moved down so it was inside my trousers, finding my underwear as he slipped a finger inside me. "Really, in the Louvre?" I said as I pulled away to meet his eyes.

"Well I can stop if you really want me to."

"Definitely not." Draco simply smirked as he continued, enjoying the scene of watching me try not to moan as it would echo around the whole building.

"EXCUSEZ-MOI!" We suddenly heard from the end of the corridor as two security guards came running towards us. Quick as a flash, Draco grabbed my hand and we sprinted in the opposite direction, laughing at the top of our lungs.

~

"You know, you can have it if you want" Draco said as I laid with my head in his lap on the bed, playing with his ring.

"It wouldn't fit me, I don't want to lose it. Besides, it looks better on you."

"Maybe we'll have to get you a matching one."

Just as I was about to reply we were interrupted by an owl hooting out on the balcony.

"Pigwideon?" I exclaimed as I tied my robe and headed out to see what was attached to the tiny Owl's leg.

"Who?" Draco asked.

"Ron's owl. It's a letter from Harry."

Wiry shaking hands, I opened the parchment and my eyes scanned the letter.

Dear Tori,

I have no idea where you are but I hope you're ok and this letter gets to you.
Bill and Fleur wanted me to invite you to their wedding, on the 1st August at the Burrow. The minister for magic also wants to see you, me, Ron and Hermione, it's something to do with Dumbledore. I really hope you will be there, we need to talk and I'd like to see that you're ok for myself.
- Harry

"1st August? That's tomorrow! Wonder why the minister wants to see you?"

"No idea. Especially if it's to do with Dumbledore. Maybe he's going to throw me in Azkaban."

Draco brushed a piece of hair out of my face. "Whatever it is, you're not doing it alone. I'll be right there with you."

"We're really going?"

"As much as it pains me to do what Potter says, I think you need to see your friends. God I wish we had more time here, more time just the two of us."

"Me too."