Chapter 17

"Last task, you ok?" I said as I brushed Harry's hair out of his eyes.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"You'll be fine, you'll get that trophy and come back to me in no time"

"As long as you're not kidnapped for this one!" We both laughed.

"Well as far as I know you won't need to come to my rescue for this one, as fun as that was"

The crowd began to roar and we knew it was time for the last task in the Triwizard tournament. I kissed Harry quickly before he walked away, turning back one last time to smile at me and I gave him a thumbs up. I held my breath as he entered the maze and pulled my Gryffindor scarf tighter around my neck as the cold air whipped around us.

"Do you think he'll be ok?" Hermione asked, frowning.

"It's only a maze Hermione, he'll be back in no time", Ron replied.

"It's not just a maze Ronald, all sorts of things happen in it, bushes move, vines try and strangle you, it wouldn't be in the tournament if it was easy"

I gulped. "Is it realty that difficult?"

"Don't worry Tori, let's just wait and see what happened."

And so we waited. It felt like hours had passed and both Fleur and Krum had come back, but there was no sign of Harry or Cedric. We were ecstatic, this obviously meant that a Hogwarts student had won, but we had no idea who. Suddenly we saw a flash of light and the trophy appeared, with Harry holding it, while Cedric landed on the floor at the same time. We erupted into cheers, until I noticed that Harry was sobbing. I pushed my way through the gasping crowd and saw a lifeless Cedric. Dumbledore was attempting to console Harry, who was screaming about Voldemort being back. He saw me and I rushed to him, cradling him in my arms as he collapsed against my chest, sobbing. "Shhhh it's ok" I said as I rubbed his back, but he was inconsolable. Professor moody pushed me off of him and grabbed Harry, telling him he needed to get out of there and that he could see me later. That's when I realised I was sobbing, hot tears spilled down my cheeks as I tried to go after Harry, not wanting to leave him alone when I felt two strong arms around my waist pulling me away from the scene.

"NO I NEED TO HELP HIM, LET ME GO!" I screamed against the force that has pulling me away, into an empty classroom. "Shhhh" I heard the voice say, an oddly familiar voice.

"LET ME GO" I screamed as I pulled away from him, but his muscular arms held me tightly as he refused to let me go.

"MALFOY" I screamed as his steel grey eyes met mine.

He didn't say anything, only held me close to his chest as I pulled against him, one of his hands tangled in my hair and the other protectively round my waist. I sobbed into his shirt, a rush of emotions going through me. Desperation, fear, anger, the list was endless.

"It's going to be ok. I had to get you out of there." He said softly, stroking my hair.

"I-need-to-see-him" I said between sobs.

"Shhhhh, you can't help him right now, the best place for you is here. Sit down"

I sat on one of the wooden chairs and he pulled up a chair and sat opposite me, his eyes full of concern.

"Do you need a drink? Some water maybe?"

"No I don't need anything. Is he really back?"

His eyes looked down. "I don't know. They have a lot of meetings during the school holidays but I'm not allowed to them, I never know what they're planning."

"And Cedric?"

"He's gone."

"That could have been Harry." I started to sob again and Draco grabbed my hand, rubbing his cold thumb softly over it as he used the other to wipe a tear off of my cheek.

"But it wasn't, think about that. Let's get you back to the common room, Hermione can look after you."

I couldn't face them. I didn't want to have to go and deal with everything that had happened. I wanted to stay like this, just us, for as long as possible.

"Can I stay with you a little longer?"

I looked into his eyes and they glimmered, as a soft smile crept up on his lips.

"Come here."

He held out his arms and I fell into them, and he held me tightly to his chest. He brushed his hand through my hair and I closed my eyes, concentrating only on his chest rising and falling as I felt myself slipping into sleep, exhausted.

"You're safe with me" I heard him whisper as sleep consumed my tired body.