Chapter 3

All day he kept staring at me. All damn day. He did anything to catch my attention. He made comments, he threw things, he did everything in his power to annoy me, and it was working.

At lunch I sat down with a sigh. "You ok?" Hermione asked.

"That Malfoy boy has seen me as his next target"

"Ah yes, you don't want to mess around with that one, his family are the most loyal followers of you-know-who"

"Don't worry, I definitely can't see myself making friends with that one anytime soon."

"Good, best to keep it that way."

Draco. Such a unique name, I've never met anyone called Draco. I don't know anything about his family either, I guess it makes sense why he's in Slytherin, apparently everyone in his family come from Slytherin too.

I dragged my exhausted body to the dungeons for my first potions class of the year. I was excited to finally get to showcase my potion skills that I've learnt over the last few years at home.

"Hey Victoria? If you were homeschooled and grew up in a muggle society, how did you get potion supplies? I hardly doubt you can buy a spiders leg in a muggle shop" Ron asked while we were attempting to brew an ageing potion.

"There's a shop in Brighton, it looks like an ordinary muggle magic shop, but it's run by an old wizard, he has loads of supplies that mother used to get all of my school supplies from"

"Hold on a second, muggle magic? Muggles can do magic?" Ron's eyes grew as wide as saucers in disbelief.

"Well, they like to think they can. It's only silly old card tricks really."

"My dad's going to LOVE this", Ron grew so overexcited that he ended up spilling green liquid all over the table.

"I see Mr Weasley has decided that he does not wish to use a cauldron, instead he is brewing his potion on the table. 10 points from Gryffindor", Snape came over to inspect our progress. This was met by a groan from Ron as he attempted to clean up the mess.

Harry was dabbing at his robes but couldn't quite reach.

"Hey need some help?" I picked up a cloth and held Harry's arm gently as I wiped the liquid off of him. "Luckily he didn't brew it right or your arm would be looking 50 years old right now" I giggled, and Harry laughed back, meeting my eyes. He nodded towards my cauldron. "Yours looks pretty good, how did you get it that colour?"

"You have to add 11 beans, not 10, I learnt to brew this potion when I was 9, it's a piece of cake."

"Could you help me with mine?"

"Sure"

Harry and I were so close together, staring into his cauldron that we were practically touching. At one point, his hand brushed mine and I felt my skin tingle under his touch.

Snape came back round and saw my potion. "I see Miss Greenwood has brewed a perfect ageing potion, I expect you all should take some tips from her." Hermione looked at me with a hint of jealousy in her eyes, Ron was still clearing up his mess and Harry gave me a nudge. "Snape never says nice things about us Gryffindor's, I think he likes you."

After class I ended I went to leave the room with my perfectly brewed ageing potion when Snape called me back in. Draco Malfoy was sat at his table, looking bored out of his mind.

"Miss Greenwood, seeing as you have a certain gift for potions, I am setting you a task. You can help Mr Malfoy get his grade up, otherwise he will not be allowed to play Quidditch this year."

Malfoy looks up at me and winks, obviously overjoyed at having more opportunities to annoy me.

"But sir-"

"No arguments Miss Greenwood. Off you go."

"Guess we'll be spending a lot of time together then Greenwood, you'll be spilling all your secrets in no time" Malfoy said as we walked down the corridor. I sped up to get away from him but he was too quick for me. He ended up in front of me, walking backwards looking proud of himself.

"Care to leave me alone?"

"We're going to the same place, Goblet of fire? Remember?"

I rolled my eyes and this only seemed to please Malfoy more. "Oooo she's got an attitude!"

Just then, I heard two voices that I knew so well, the twins came round the corner giggling.

"Hey Greenwood, Harry told us you brewed a perfect ageing potion, mind if we borrow it for a minute?" Malfoy took this as an opportunity to leave, finding Crabbe and Goyle on the way.

"Ummmm sure? What for?"

"Ahhhhh shall we tell her George?"

"Oh go on Fred, seeing as she's helping us"

"We're going to put in our names in the goblet."

"But you're not 17?!"

"Exactly, which is why we need the ageing potion. Here, we'll give you these" Fred handed me a bag of sweets.

"Puking pastilles, might come in handy next time Malfoy bothers you", and with that, the two boys ran into the hall.

Harry had saved me a seat to watch everyone put their names in. None of us were 17 so it wasn't possible to enter ourselves, not that I wanted to, I wasn't a fan of risking my life for fun. Of course the twins' plan failed, they were now fighting in the corner with white beards while Hermione smugly carried on reading her book after telling them it wasn't going to work. I felt a nudge and saw Harry looking at me.

"At least the potion was good" he said.

"One of my specialities, thanks for bigging me up to the twins"

"I've seen anyone make potions as good as you, you've got a real talent Victoria."

"Hey, call me Tori"

Harry's face lit up and I saw him blush, he loved the idea of having a nickname for me.

"Ok, Tori" he said proudly.

I looked over across the room and say Malfoy watching me intently, when I scowled at him he simply rolled his eyes and threw something at a first year, much to the amusement of Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle. I heard Harry cough quietly and I turned to look at him.

"Hey....Tori? There's a trip to Hogsmeade next week, do you want to maybe go together? I can show you all my favourite places.....if you don't want to it's ok-" I cut him off. "Of course Harry, it would be great to have a friend show me around , I don't know much about this place." Harry's face fell a little but I didnt notice. "Right yeah, that's what friends are for".