Chapter 9 (new perspective)

(Y/n) backed away from the doorway, and back down the hall.

As she walked out of the police station, she could feel many eyes on her. Before she knew the truth, it wasn't as noticeable. But now...now that she knew what all of them were really thinking, she could see right through their acts.

Everyone was lying though their teeth...detective McClain..she...

"I trusted her..." (y/n) thought.

She turned around once more before leaving the station, facing her newfound enemies.

"I trusted all of them..." (y/n) frowned.

(Y/n) left, almost an entirely knew person.
She was so tired, and angry. Life has been very unfair to her recently. She wondered what she did to upset whatever god that ruled this earth.

(Y/n) returned home, not bothering to lock the door. With heavy eyes she downed two or three of Masky's mystery miracle pills, and sat back down at the kitchen table. Many ideas flowed into her head. Now that she didn't value McClain as much as she did previously, there were many more possibilities of continuing her mission to save her own life.

   With five days left, there wasn't much time.

(1st person pov)

"The police stations locks its doors as 11pm...I know McClain stays late on Wednesdays...oh! And Tuesdays..." I thought out loud.

I was really grinding my brain. It's easier, now that I solved my headache issue.
"God...who would have thought? I'm planning on sabotage my own local police station...hehe"...I chuckled out loud and shook my head as I finish off the last of my coffee from my mug.

"W-whats so f-funny?~"

"Oh sHI-" I scream and turn around, mug in hand.

Swiftly, I hold my mug above my head, and swing it towards the intruder. Before my hand could make contact with anything, a hand swiftly grabs my wrist. When I open my eyes, they are met with a brown and grey hoodie. Someone's...chest?...

My eyes move upwards more and more.

This guy...is a giant...

Finally, my eyes are met with another pair of brown eyes.

"I-I..." I could not spit out a single word.

The dude with the hatchet...what was his name again? Tony? Tommy?....Toby! His name is Toby...

"It's rude stare..." Toby said slyly.

I could hear him grinning through his mouthguard. He tilts his head and his brown curly hair slightly brush against his eyes.

He is really close...he smells like the forest, ashes, and vanilla....

Wait...vanilla?

Oddly enough, we just stared at each other for a while. To scared to move, I remain completely still. Toby, on the other hand, would twitch every so often.

The silence went from scary, to awkward. Unable to stare him in the eyes any longer, I decide to break to silence.

"Just...get it over with.." I say squeezing my eyes shut, preparing for my demise.

"W-what?" He tilted his head, clearly confused, and he drops my hand.

Rubbing my sore wrist I repeat myself.

"I said get it over with!"

This made Toby chuckle as he lazily takes a seat in the chair closest to mine. While crossing his legs, he points to the  chair behind me. I immediately took a seat.

"Wow! I d-didn't even have to yell at you to s-sit down! Haha! You're l-like a little obedient doggie~" Toby laughs at his own joke, and sits across from me.

A pregnant silence fills the room as we have a very intense staring contest. Tony seems to be enjoying himself..This is all so confusing..

Toby seemed to notice how uncomfortable I was, and decided to speak.

"Lighten up, c-champ! I'm here s-strictly on business!" He winks.

Business? What could they possibly want now? I still have time left to fix my mistake! And I haven't told anyone else about them...Did they decide to go a different direction with their plans? What if they don't need me anymore?! Oh god...did he come here to "fire me"? My head is spinning...

"I still have time left....right?" I look up nervously.

Toby leans forward, places his arms on his knees, and cups his face in his gloved hands. Slightly tilting his head he lets out a deep chuckle.

"Well duh! E-Even WE couldn't pull off a job like yours in such a s-short  amount of time. Don't worry, little d-doggie, you still get to keep all of your cute little limbs in tact~" He cooed.

    I sigh in relief, only to be met with more questions.

"Then why are you here? I was already given my instructions..." I ask while fiddling with the bottom of my shirt.

    He leaned back in his chair and folded his arms across his chest. He had a cocky proud look on his face...or...mask? Goggles? Whatever! He looks like a kid who proudly "went potty all by himself" for the first time. Hahah.

   "Welllll~I'm here to h-help you!" He proudly announces.

   Help me? Why would he want to do that? If anything, these guys should be anxiously counting down the seconds of the time I have left. I figured they would be eager to watch me fail...

   "Why would you want to do that?" I ask with a cautious tone.

    He shoots up from his chair with a pep in his step. Startled, I shoot up and back away.

   "Because t-things are so b-boring these daysss~" He sighs dramatically.

  "P-plus! You're s-so be entertaining! M-Masky and hoodie are so serious and boring...I want a new p-playmate~" Toby adds as he sits back down in his chair.

   This doesn't seem right...is this some kind of game to him? Or is this some kind of trick? Some scheme to sabotage any chance of living I have left...What if I decline?

   "I appreciate your...concern...but I don't need your help..." I state with a fake confident tone.

  Maybe if they think I am confident in myself, I'll seem like a tough nut to crack..

  SLAM

  The sudden loud slam causes me to instinctively fall back. I look up only to see a very different Toby....

Authors note
Sorry for the slow updates! Happy spooky season!👻🎃💀