Chapter 6 (Break)

I make my way down the hospital hallways, wanted to leave as soon as I can. I just finished getting my blood work done, along with a physical. The doctors still can't explain my symptoms.

    I have terrible headaches often, along with heavy nose bleeds. Some times, I zone out  and completely forget about the hours that pass. Sometimes, I even think I hear static in my dreams. Not to mention my lack of appetite, and absence seizures.

     With all of these things, my doctor still can't tell me what is wrong. So they just assume that it is stress related, after the recent...events..

    It has been a week since that night...whenever the masked men came banging at my door. The police still can't find any leads, and at the moment, I am staying at a hotel.

     I still don't feel safe there though. My mind never seems to be at ease after that night, so I try to keep myself busy.

     Between all of my medical appointments, and visits to the police station, Iv barely had time to relax. Which I don't mind. The more time I have to think, the worse my headaches seem to get...it drives me crazy...

   "They are watching..."

    My mind whispers to me...

    I rub my temples, trying to shake the feeling. Perhaps it's the medication...

    A sigh escapes my mouth as I turn a corner down the sidewalk...
     I wasn't heading to any specific place...I could head back to the hotel, but I didn't quite feel like being by myself again.

So I continued to walk.

Perhaps Detective McClain would call me in for more questions. She always fixed me a coffee..and being surrounded by armed policemen always puts my mind at ease.

In fact, I always take that opportunity to take quick naps. I think McClain understands, considering she wakes me up hours later.

I frown at the thought of a nap. My eyes are heavy, and I'm running on cheap coffee provided to me by the hotel..

Bleh...

I brush my (h/c) out of my face, and rub my eyes. I take in my surroundings.

I was at the Far East side of town, not quite far from the hospital. The streets were somewhat quiet, and had a peaceful buzz to them. Fallen leaves litter the sidewalk at the entrance of the local park, and an old gardener sweeps them away. He reminds me of a robot...

I take a closer look at the park.

Couples walking their dogs, and parents tiredly watch their children.

It seemed so normal.

But it didn't feel right. My headache seemed to worsen as I looked Deeper into the forest. Perhaps I still can't handle looking at the trees...
I feel the forests eyes on me...it makes me wunna pop a couple more pain pills, but I don't. Iv already reached my daily limit.

I sigh and find the strength to look away, and the trees sway in dismay. The wind whips them every which way, and it feels as though their angry screams are directed to me.

They are watching...

You'll never get away...

That little voice in my head seems to get louder and louder.

"Be quiet..." I whisper to myself, rubbing my temples.

They continue.

They will find you...

You'll be next...

"You're wrong...!" I whisper to myself a little louder.

You're sick...

They all think it was you...

THEY ALL THINK YOU'RE CRAZY!

"I TOLD YOU! SHUT UP!!" I scream, catching the attention of all passerby's.

All of a sudden, the noise stops...the trees grow silent, and pretend as though nothing ever happened..the voice shushed itself, and all that is left is a quiet ring in my ears.

Blood rushes to my cheeks, and I walk away quickly in embarrassment. I rip my hands from my gloves, and rub my face in frustration.

This is when I realize I have another nose bleed...

I look down at my hands, which are now covered in thick warm blood.

Shoot...

I make my way to the nearest bathroom, which happens to be the public park bathroom..ew...but it's all I have at the moment.

I make my way into the bathrooms, and lock the door behind me.

The bathroom was moderately clean. Not perfect though...The light above flickered slightly, and the sink leaked ever so slightly.
At least it was empty.

I make my way over to the sink and look up at the mirror.

My eyes were tired and heavy, and I looked as if I was asleep already. A zombie...would be the perfect comparison...

Despite my embarrassment, my cheeks were quite pale. So the blood that dropped down my face stood out like a sore thumb.

I rip a couple of towels from the dispenser, and dampened them in some water.

The bleeding had stopped, but the blood stained my face.

I threw away the used towels and leaned forward into the sink, my face welcoming the cold water. It tasted stale and bloody.

After submerging my whole face in the water, I begin to scrub.

The cold water sent a strange shiver down my spine.

I was ripped from the almost hypnotic feeling of the rushing water by a sudden noise.

The bathroom door slowly opened, and a pair of footsteps can be heard.

I panic and quickly lift my head up, trying to see. But the water burned my eyes.

I quickly back up and reach for a towel, and dry the water away.

My breathing stops as I look up to see who had entered the bathroom.

To my surprise, no one was there...

Frantically, I whip my head around and search for whoever could be hiding away.

The stall doors were all empty, and I could not see any pairs of shoes underneath.

Perhaps someone walked in, but changed their mind...I don't understand... I locked the door!
Peeking over at the door, I see it is still locked.

It was...just my imagination...

I sigh and rub my temples, and turn back to the sinks.

My shaky hands meet with the wet countertops, and I don't look up once.

Breath in...

Breath out...

Feeling my heart beat go back down, I collect my thoughts, and look back up at the mirror.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!" I let out a scream, as I see the terrifying reflection.

     It's Masky...standing right behind me...

    He stood there, towering over me. The dim lights casted an eerie shadow over his mask, as it tilted forward to meet my gaze.

    Falling backwards into the sink, my eyes go wide.

    Like a deer in headlights, I only stared back at him..